What's new

Faulty coils from ebay?

New_Vaper

Initiate
Well, I think possibly so. First of all, I'll quote here the message I sent to the ebay vendor yesterday (who has still not replied yet...)

Coil Type & brand: VooPoo PnP-VM5 0,2Ω

Hello,

I've recently put into use the VooPoo coils I purchased from you around 6 months ago. There was an intermittent problem with the first one or two coils used from the pack ("please check atomiser" message appearing) with use with Argus VooPoo GT, which would sometimes be resolved by reseating the coil or unscrewing the tank and replacing; however this would sometimes result in the display showing wildly different ohmage values. I've now tried another two of the coils with devices with which the coils I purchased from you are compatible (VooPoo DRAG, and a brand new Eleaf iStick Power) as well as trying a brand new VooPoo PnP Pod Tank which is compatible with the Argus GT and the Eleaf, and both of them are now showing the "check atomiser" message. The process of elimination, as well as a quick google search, would indicate a faulty batch of coils. I always take care to prime the coil before use. Would you be willing to replace the seemingly faulty batch which I've purchased?

Kind regards

This is the ebay vendor in question:

I even used a multimeter on the coils which seemed to show differing ohmage values. I had a couple of well used coils of the same brand which I'd yet to dispose of...yes they're well used, but I decided to put them back in just for a test, and they showed the correct Ohmage values (0,2Ω), and did not display the "check atomiser" massage. Now, given the info I've provided, this HAS to be a faulty batch of coils.. yes? :hmm:

It would seem that the batch may indeed be faulty.
These things happen (even with the genuine article) and counterfeit coils can be a risk when buying from eBay and Amazon.
In my opinion you are being a bit harsh by sharing this having given the vendor less than 24 hours to respond.
For a purchase 6 months ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if the response comes back “Tough tiity”.
Personally, I’d not buy my coils from eBay, even though this seller seem to be a legit UK based seller.
Hopefully you’ll get a positive outcome but in the great scheme of things, the cost of a pack of coils isn’t worth getting too upset about.

I think you're likely to just have to put this one down to experience. I found a website for Vape Warehouse UK with a mobile telephone number but no other company information. They also have a zero rating on Trustpilot so after six months I'd say it's very unlikely that you're going to have any joy from them.

It would seem that the batch may indeed be faulty.
These things happen (even with the genuine article) and counterfeit coils can be a risk when buying from eBay and Amazon.
In my opinion you are being a bit harsh by sharing this having given the vendor less than 24 hours to respond.
For a purchase 6 months ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if the response comes back “Tough tiity”.
Personally, I’d not buy my coils from eBay, even though this seller seem to be a legit UK based seller.
Hopefully you’ll get a positive outcome but in the great scheme of things, the cost of a pack of coils isn’t worth getting too upset about.
Thanks for your reply, John 👍

Still no reply from vendor, which is extremely poor imo. I know counterfeit coils are a thing, but would be amazed if they were sold by Amazon, and would find it very surprising indeed if certified eBay vendors were selling fakes too.

Points taken John, but I'm just not the type who'll take a "tough titty" reply if I've been sold dud goods 🤣 I do think that certain batches can just be dud (am I right?) but I'm not one for just taking that on the chin!

Thanks John ☺

Still no reply from vendor, which is extremely poor imo. I know counterfeit coils are a thing, but would be amazed if they were sold by Amazon, and would find it very surprising indeed if certified eBay vendors were selling fakes too.

Points taken John, but I'm just not the type who'll take a "tough titty" reply if I've been sold dud goods 🤣 I do think that certain batches can just be dud (am I right?) but I'm not one for just taking that on the chin!

Thanks John ☺
I think you’d be very surprised just how much fake/counterfeit stuff is sold on Amazon/eBay!
You may get some redress through eBay (or PayPal if you used them to pay) but after 6 months you’ll be pushing it.
Regardless, best of luck

Thanks John ☺
there have been clones and fakes sold on both fleabay and amazon since vaping began. even back in 2015 when there was only 1 tank the nautilus mini and then the kanger subtank mini fakes were around within months of the tanks being released.

i know its always great to think youve saved a few quid but then buying twice loses you that profit.

worth checking out our recommended hardware suppliers on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

edit
thing is they may well be legit and just a dodgy palet of thousands distributed around the world.
ive had a few boxes where 4 out of the 5 were duff and burnt out within an hour.

I think you're likely to just have to put this one down to experience. I found a website for Vape Warehouse UK with a mobile telephone number but no other company information. They also have a zero rating on Trustpilot so after six months I'd say it's very unlikely that you're going to have any joy from them.
Hi Marylin, Thanks for your reply. The zero rating on Trust Pilot would certainly seem a concern! I do know what you mean about the period of time since purchase, but I'd had a few left from a previous (non-ebay 🙄) batch before recently putting the Vape Warehouse pack into use. Time to take the matter up with ebay methinks!

Hi Marylin, Thanks for your reply. The zero rating on Trust Pilot would certainly seem a concern! I do know what you mean about the period of time since purchase, but I'd had a few left from a previous (non-ebay 🙄) batch before recently putting the Vape Warehouse pack into use. Time to take the matter up with ebay methinks!

Never hurts to try. I hope it works out. :)

im pretty sure most vendors sell coils DOA & thats the chance you take, but why use ebay ? rather than reputable vendors.

Back
Top Bottom