What's new

PnP R1 coils issue over last few months? Need advice.

Yan

Hello all,

I’ve been vaping for 2-3 years now. I have always stuck with the same setup since it’s worked great and it came with my device as a “demo”.

Vinci (1, 2 etc., had about 5 Vinci now) with a PnP R1 coils. Simple as that. And 88vape 20mg menthol.

I used to get my coils straight from VooPoo for years on AliExpress. Then they stopped shipping to UK. Now they stopped showing all together. By now I mean last few months.

I’ve had to resort to UK suppliers. I have received what are in my opinion fake coils. I don’t care about the code or the packaging since out of curiosity I bought a cheaper coil of Ali before and it came with the writing on the back. And on the coil etc. the coils were terrible. I have a theory that the R1 is quite hard to get right as the airflow is very high for an “MTL” coil as described by VooPoo. Basically, they can be box swapped as VooPoo does not implement a security seal of any kind.

Anyway, the coils I’ve been getting which I believe are “genuine” have had red rubber bands. They have been flooding constantly, they have what I call afterburn too. The genuine coil was snappy and would stop the moment I let the button, this one burns after I let go. That would happen only about after 4000 puffs with the real coils. And lastly, and mainly, they burn if I take a hit longer than 2s as I can hear a note change of the firing.

That’s trouble as I can’t technically send these back as “fakes”. I have been told VooPoo outsources coil manufacturing and the companies put whatever colour band they have which I do not buy for a second. The coils have consistently been clear bands for years and are now red.

The confusion is that some research shows the PnP R1 coil (best selling on Ali for years) as now discontinued as of Sep23. No one has any info confirming this other than an article on a British vape supplier store.

Can anyone with some knowledge confirm what exactly is happening? Am I the only one having these issues? The internets run dry when I try to find details about this. There must be thousands of people using this coil.

Further, I decided to give the TM2 a shot, what is seemingly the successor to the R1 based on specs. I coughed my lungs out. It’s far too restricted.

Lastly, can anyone give me an advice for what coil to try? I liked the, in my opinion, DTL feeling of R1 but the 12W standard wattage as I vape 20mg nic salt was crucial. I realise that a mesh sub ohm coil will work but I don’t want to do that with 20mg juice. I want a low wattage coil with open airflow… only if VooPoo did one, for years and millions of sales.

Thank you all.

I use the 1.0 r2 coils,great flavour and last ages,dont have a vinci though.

Back
Top Bottom