What's new

Nautilus 3 no friggin flavour

I've been using the Nautilus 3 for a few years but I'm strictly a mtl vaper of 50/50 NET juice and the flavour is very good, especially from the 1ohm coil. I wouldn't dream of using 80/20 with the 1.8, 1.6, 1.0 or 0.7 coils.

If there is one Tank that i have never had an issue with it would be the Nautilus 3. I have only ever used the 0.7 and have always found them excellent for flavour. The only things i can think of with it being a Stock Coil Tank is Dodgy Coils which i doubt as you have tried different ones. Not sure about Vaper's Tongue as never had it as i am always changing liquid but may be worth looking into. Are you priming your Coils correctly, sometimes the Cotton can be too dense so push a needle through the little Cotton Slots at the side of the Coil before priming, other than that your Taste Buds are fucked. How long ago did you quit smoking ?. Vaping for me was shite when i first quit as all the flavours i tried seemed Meh. I remember it taking quite a while for my Taste Buds to wake up after smoking 50 years. Get yourself some Mouthwash and give your gob a good swill then try again.

Is there someone else you can give the tank and coils too for a wee toot for 5mins, this is strange indeed, full strip down, change the drip tip is all I can think of..what watts you vaping them at?

Last edited:
Sorry in advance if this sounds insulting, but here goes.

I don't know if you're a newbie at vaping but if you've been vaping the Geekvape L200 for ages with the Zeus tank and 0.20 or 0,25 coils you may simply be accustomed to vaping in Direct to Lung style i.e. stick it in your gob and take a massive cloudy hit -where you inhale it directly into your lungs, apparently this is similar to taking a hit off a bong, instead of vaping in a 'smoking a cigarette/MTL vape style'. If you try this with an MTL tank you probably won't get much flavour - with an MTL tank you must take the vapour into your mouth, hold it in your mouth for a second or two then inhale it into your lungs and exhale. You will probably find you get much more flavour from the juice as you're holding the vapour in your mouth than from the initial inhale and exhale.

The reason I'm mentioning this is I vaped DL exclusively for about 4 years, when I tried MTL again after this extended period of MTL abstinence it had become ingrained for me to just inhale and exhale in a DL vaping style and I wasn't initially holding the vapour in my mouth and savouring the flavour of the juice. Basically I had to make a deliberate effort to vape in an MTL style as after 4 years I'd simply forgotten how.

Going back to the 50/50 juice subject brought up earlier - make sure you are trying a 50/50 MTL juice from a pre manufactured 10ml bottle that is specifically for MTL. if you're used to vaping 3mg nic in the Zeus tank try either 10mg nic salt or 12mg freebase juice. Don't be tempted to buy a 50/50 50ml shortfill as these are designed for DL vaping and have less concentrated flavour. Vaping the higher nic concentration shouldn't be a problem as you will be running at a much lower wattage than the Zeus tank and vaporising/consuming much less juice in an MTL tank.

If you're shaking your head and thinking of course I know this you dumb bastard, just ignore me. If, in the unlikely event you don't, give it a try.

I used 50/50 nic salts in that tank and thought it was the best stock tank I'd tried. The 1 ohm coil was my favourite but they all worked. I use the thinner drip tip for the higher resistance coils. Only other things I could think of, did you give it a good wash before using? And are the coils primed enough? Maybe leave it longer to sit after filling and start with low wattage, gradually increasing?

Sorry in advance if this sounds insulting, but here goes.

I don't know if you're a newbie at vaping but if you've been vaping the Geekvape L200 for ages with the Zeus tank and 0.20 or 0,25 coils you may simply be accustomed to vaping in Direct to Lung style i.e. stick it in your gob and take a massive cloudy hit -where you inhale it directly into your lungs, apparently this is similar to taking a hit off a bong, instead of vaping in a 'smoking a cigarette/MTL vape style'. If you try this with an MTL tank you probably won't get much flavour - with an MTL tank you must take the vapour into your mouth, hold it in your mouth for a second or two then inhale it into your lungs and exhale. You will probably find you get much more flavour from the juice as you're holding the vapour in your mouth than from the initial inhale and exhale.

The reason I'm mentioning this is I vaped DL exclusively for about 4 years, when I tried MTL again after this extended period of MTL abstinence it had become ingrained for me to just inhale and exhale in a DL vaping style and I wasn't initially holding the vapour in my mouth and savouring the flavour of the juice. Basically I had to make a deliberate effort to vape in an MTL style as after 4 years I'd simply forgotten how.

Going back to the 50/50 juice subject brought up earlier - make sure you are trying a 50/50 MTL juice from a pre manufactured 10ml bottle that is specifically for MTL. if you're used to vaping 3mg nic in the Zeus tank try either 10mg nic salt or 12mg freebase juice. Don't be tempted to buy a 50/50 50ml shortfill as these are designed for DL vaping and have less concentrated flavour. Vaping the higher nic concentration shouldn't be a problem as you will be running at a much lower wattage than the Zeus tank and vaporising/consuming much less juice in an MTL tank.

If you're shaking your head and thinking of course I know this you dumb bastard, just ignore me. If, in the unlikely event you don't, give it a try.

Since when is a 50/50 Shortfill designed for DTL ?.

Since when is a 50/50 Shortfill designed for DTL ?.

Don't know if they're specifically designed for any particular style of vaping - but the only 50/50 50ml shortfills I've used (with the Ether RTA in RDL mode because it was prone to going dry with my usual 70/30) didn't seem to have the same concentration of flavour as standard MTL juices in 10ml bottles, it could be the range I was vaping wasn't particularly concentrated of course but I didn't notice any difference in the flavour concentration in a 50/50 or 70/70 shortfill from the same range which were good for DL but seemed rather diluted in an MTL vape - and buying a single 10ml bottle of pre-nic'd juice isn't going to cost much to find out if that is part of the problem.

Don't know if they're specifically designed for any particular style of vaping - but the only 50/50 50ml shortfills I've used (with the Ether RTA in RDL mode because it was prone to going dry with my usual 70/30) didn't seem to have the same concentration of flavour as standard MTL juices in 10ml bottles, it could be the range I was vaping wasn't particularly concentrated of course but I didn't notice any difference in the flavour concentration in a 50/50 or 70/70 shortfill from the same range which were good for DL but seemed rather diluted in an MTL vape - and buying a single 10ml bottle of pre-nic'd juice isn't going to cost much to find out if that is part of the problem.
I think 50/50 Liquid is more asscociated with MTL because being thinner it's easier on the smaller coils that are used for MTL. Once you add your Nicotine it's actually Thinner, if you use PG Nic like i do.

Back
Top Bottom