What's new

Zenith coils just don't last... Nautilus BVC better? Or other?

ostrichpelican

Initiate
Have used a Zenith tank for ages, no complaints about the tank, or flavour from the coils - but after about 6ml of juice (50/50 12mg) they always need replacing - maybe not fully burnt as such, but bad taste, less draw, feels bad on lungs. Have tried all sorts of juices, I thoroughly prime and leave the coil to soak for hours, am careful not to chain-vape - all the possible reasons I've seen for why coils go bad quickly - but they just don't last! Using the 1.6 ones btw - mtl.

Looking at reviews of coils in various places, the Nautilus BVC ones (I'd likely use the 1.6 or 1.8) seem to have generally great reviews - with many mentioning they switched from Innokin, and find the Aspire ones last much longer.

So I figure it's worth trying a Nautilus 3 (or possibly Nautilus mini?) tank and seeing if i have better luck than with the Zenith coils.

Has anyone compared Zenith vs Nautilus coils and could comment?

Or anything else I should try?

Last edited:
Where are you getting you're coils from and what wattage are you using them at, I've used the 1.2ohm in the past, mate still does, a packet of 5 will last him over a month easily.

Where are you getting you're coils from and what wattage are you using them at, I've used the 1.2ohm in the past, mate still does, a packet of 5 will last him over a month easily.

From vapeclub online store usually - using the 1.6's at between 10 to 12 watts (they're rated up to 14 watts) - it's possible I'm a bit fussier than some over when a coil needs replacing - but if I do try and ignore the bad taste and reduced draw, I'll feel it in my lungs within a day or two (coughing, short of breath - which doesn't happen with clean coils), so I don't think I wrong to change them when I do.

From vapeclub online store usually - using the 1.6's at between 10 to 12 watts (they're rated up to 14 watts) - it's possible I'm a bit fussier than some over when a coil needs replacing - but if I do try and ignore the bad taste and reduced draw, I'll feel it in my lungs within a day or two (coughing, short of breath - which doesn't happen with clean coils), so I don't think I wrong to change them when I do.

Should be good at 10 watts the 1.2's are but usually not off the bat...a good half a dozen or more draws at 8 watts to begin with and sometimes staying at 9 watts.
As for comparison there really isn't much in it the Z coils may slightly edge it, the range is bigger and can cope with thicker liquid better IMO...try other ohm Z coils in the first instance would be my advice n start off lower in wattage, the ratings aren't accurate.

Ive had a few aspire tanks in the past but couldnt get on with nautilus coils,(mainly .7's)they would only last a couple of tanks,so i switched to innokin's zlide tank and imo is loads better.i use the .8 z coil with 50/50 or 60/40 3mg liquid,.They usually last several tank loads and produce good flavour,you could try them.Might be a stupid question but do you clean the tank and drip tip regularly?If i start getting an off taste i know its time for a clean up.

I've used both Z coils and Aspire coils in the past and had a similar experience. Using one tank solely I used to get around 6 days from a coil, thats using the 1.2 ohm Z coil or 0.8/1.6 ohm Nautilus coils. That's vaping mostly dark tobacco and dessert liquids, I've never vaped fruits.

It's been a while because I build my own coils which I much prefer and worry much less about having to change regularly.

Sometimes pop in coils the outside wick is to tight or dense to wick to the inside. If you have a new coil left, rough up the outer wick in the holes, I use a tiny flat head screwdriver or the point of metal tweezers you can pull the fibres outwards a little bit aswell. Worth a try as it can get it wicking alot better.

You won't go far wrong with a Nautilus 3 and the coils that go with it. I use the Nautilus 3 and the coils last about a month approx. That's the 1.6 ohm vaped at 12 watts.

Not a big fan of Innokin anymore, i still have a Proton from when i first started but all the more recent things like the Z80 just died on me. If i hadn't won it in a giveaway i would of probably sent it back, anyway it went in the Bin. I am not a fan of the Tanks but i do like the RTA that Phil Busardo had something to do with, Think it's the V2 i have, my head has gone lately and i am just forgetting everything, sure it begins with an A tho might be wrong. Coils never lasted me more than a couple of days before getting that burnt taste, i think they have gone down hill, oh the Jem Pen i had always leaked/shit coils as well.I had the Aspire Pockex with the BVC Coils that were made for salts and they were excellent, i would say the Pockex kept me off the smokes at that time. Aspire Nautilus Coils i think i have only used the 0.7 and they can last me upto a month but i think that's dependent on the Liquid you use, The Aspire 0.7 and the Vaporesso GTX 1.2 are by far my favourite Low Wattage type Coils.

Not a big fan of Innokin anymore, i still have a Proton from when i first started but all the more recent things like the Z80 just died on me. If i hadn't won it in a giveaway i would of probably sent it back, anyway it went in the Bin. I am not a fan of the Tanks but i do like the RTA that Phil Busardo had something to do with, Think it's the V2 i have, my head has gone lately and i am just forgetting everything, sure it begins with an A tho might be wrong. Coils never lasted me more than a couple of days before getting that burnt taste, i think they have gone down hill, oh the Jem Pen i had always leaked/shit coils as well.I had the Aspire Pockex with the BVC Coils that were made for salts and they were excellent, i would say the Pockex kept me off the smokes at that time. Aspire Nautilus Coils i think i have only used the 0.7 and they can last me upto a month but i think that's dependent on the Liquid you use, The Aspire 0.7 and the Vaporesso GTX 1.2 are by far my favourite Low Wattage type Coils.

I do really like the T18e - was the first vape I got, and have never really found anything with a more satisfying draw so still have one (or T18II now) even tho it's coils don't last too long either - a bit longer than the Zenith ones, but still not more than maybe 10ml of liquid at best.

Re. liquid - do you have any recommendations for ones that won't ruin a coil too quickly? Ideally something I can order online in UK? I do tend to go for sweeter liquids, which I know can clog up the wick - still trying to find a good cream or peppermint flavour (not spearmint!) that won't clog up too quickly, but maybe those ones are always going to be coil-killers? The best juice I've found for the T18 btw is Vampire Vape's "Dawn" - fruity menthol, but not too sweet, never get bored of it - like to have a bit of variety in my secondary tank tho!

Anyway, have ordered a Nautilus 3 and some 1.6 coils, so fingers crossed...

Back
Top Bottom