What's new

Hello, and maybe help me with a question..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77127
  • Start date
So no leaking which is at least progress but a lack of flavour. I don't use Z coils but others on here do so if you say what coil, juice and setting you're using on the EZ they may be able to help.
Yes good idea; 0.8 coils, Crystal Blue Razz 50/50 10mg, 17W (coils state 15-18) & the air hole wide open.

Everything seemed fine first fill if a little vague flavour-wise, then by second half of day 2 it started with the burnt metallic taste so I put a new coil in & washed it all out with hot water this morning, I actually kept the old coil because the cotton 's still white so.. Currently it seems ok but very little flavour, I have other juice makes & flavours to try but all are 50/50. I remember the banana/strawberry being overpowering in the Argus so I might put that in later see what happens.

What coils are you using with EZ Tube - are they mesh? The flavour of mesh coils is usually far superior. Many manufacturers still offer non-mesh coils though.
Innokin 0.8 Z coils but IDK about their construction sorry.

I had a quick look, but I didn't find it easy to tell which coils are mesh or not. On a quick glance (I'm at work) appears that virtually none of the MTL zcoils are mesh. But I find this hard to believe in this day and age :)

If they're not, then I virtually guarantee that this will sort your flavour problem out.

are you priming the coils (bit of liquid dabbed on the holes and dripped down the middle) and leaving them to sit for a while after you fill it the first time?

i’ve never used this tank but i think the mesh coils are the ones called “plex” or “plexus”. that is a good point, they might well perform better.

hopefully somebody who uses one will have some advice.

I had a quick look, but I didn't find it easy to tell which coils are mesh or not. On a quick glance (I'm at work) appears that virtually none of the MTL zcoils are mesh. But I find this hard to believe in this day and age :)

If they're not, then I virtually guarantee that this will sort your flavour problem out.

A bolt-on instant solution would go down a treat right now, fingers crossed!

are you priming the coils (bit of liquid dabbed on the holes and dripped down the middle) and leaving them to sit for a while after you fill it the first time?

i’ve never used this tank but i think the mesh coils are the ones called “plex” or “plexus”. that is a good point, they might well perform better.

hopefully somebody who uses one will have some advice.
Well the first fill from dry I just let it sit for a while (20mins or so) but today's coil I did that then dripped a couple drops in too yes.

Keep at it, mate. You will get a vape you like. Everyone went through a bit of trial and error before they figured things out.

I use 1.2 Z coils apparently they are kanthol. I use a Zlide tank on various innokin kits, I prime the coils first then let them soak for 10 minutes, a coil normally lasts between 2-3 weeks I use Puff Dragon Redster 50/50 eliquid and vape at 10 watts and they give good flavour. I know you’ve had a bad start into your vaping journey I had a lot of bad experiences when I first started but I perservered unfortunatly there’s a lot of trial and error in vaping. The first kit I really had no problems with was the innokin Adept Zlide which is still working well 2 years on, I have four Innokin kits and all use the Zlide tank and Z coils and I’m considering getting another Adept Zlide kit as personally I think there a brilliant kit. Good luck with your vaping journey and hope you find something that you enjoy.

A bolt-on instant solution would go down a treat right now, fingers crossed!

Well the first fill from dry I just let it sit for a while (20mins or so) but today's coil I did that then dripped a couple drops in too yes.
It is also a good idea to not jump in with your wattage. Start low and ramp it up, a watt at a time, as you take puffs.
Breaks the coil in and helps with its longevity. Also, helps you to find your sweet spot for vaping. The recommendation on wattage given by coil manufacturers is, ime, too high for me.

I use 1.2 Z coils apparently they are kanthol. I use a Zlide tank on various innokin kits, I prime the coils first then let them soak for 10 minutes, a coil normally lasts between 2-3 weeks I use Puff Dragon Redster 50/50 eliquid and vape at 10 watts and they give good flavour. I know you’ve had a bad start into your vaping journey I had a lot of bad experiences when I first started but I perservered unfortunatly there’s a lot of trial and error in vaping. The first kit I really had no problems with was the innokin Adept Zlide which is still working well 2 years on, I have four Innokin kits and all use the Zlide tank and Z coils and I’m considering getting another Adept Zlide kit as personally I think there a brilliant kit. Good luck with your vaping journey and hope you find something that you enjoy.
Thank you, I've ordered some mesh coils I think (no order confirmation yet) so I'll see how they go - meanwhile I tried Bar Works strawberry banana, which I found overpowering in the Argus, and that goes well in the EZ Tube so at least I've got something to vape. This may come down to liquids I just don't know.. I'm enjoying using the actual device so far.

I will try some Redster too btw.

EDIT: Just to add I'm discovering how liquids perform differently in different devices & some of the juices I'd rejected as crap early on with the Drag S work very well in the EZ Tube. Pukka berry blaze for example, was like a butterfly gently farting watered-down Ribena fumes into my mouth versus the proper blackcurrant hit I get now.

So there is progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got some 0.5 PLEXUS coils & trying some Moreish Puff sherbet cherry but, still very little flavour.

I can't help but think of all the flavoursome disposables I could've been buying instead of trying to switch over to the juice to.. *cough* save money.

Well I got some 0.5 PLEXUS coils & trying some Moreish Puff sherbet cherry but, still very little flavour.

I can't help but think of all the flavoursome disposables I could've been buying instead of trying to switch over to the juice to.. *cough* save money.
If you are trying to mimic/replicate the sort of experiences you had with disposables, you need to be vaping a .7 - 1.2 ohm coil (imo) and using bar juices (as I believe has previously been mentioned). Those juices were developed to be as close to the overly sweet and intense juice in disposables as possible .

Back
Top Bottom