What's new

Hello, and maybe help me with a question..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77127
  • Start date
The coils are sound, I doubt it's the tank or mod, as you have tried various eliquids it's not that either....that leaves me thinking that as far as Im aware all Z coils are Kanthal you mentioned a burnt metallic taste at one point.
Some folks don't like Kanthal and can pick up a metallic taste to them, which interferes with the flavour experience of the eliquid.
Try something else that uses SS coils...n see would be my advice

If you are trying to mimic/replicate the sort of experiences you had with disposables, you need to be vaping a .7 - 1.2 ohm coil (imo) and using bar juices (as I believe has previously been mentioned). Those juices were developed to be as close to the overly sweet and intense juice in disposables as possible .

Yeah ok, thanks, at this point I'm lost in a maze of coil types & jargon - and under a metric tonne of disappointment. I'll re-read.

The coils are sound, I doubt it's the tank or mod, as you have tried various eliquids it's not that either....that leaves me thinking that as far as Im aware all Z coils are Kanthal you mentioned a burnt metallic taste at one point.
Some folks don't like Kanthal and can pick up a metallic taste to them, which interferes with the flavour experience of the eliquid.

I'm not sure I can face a fourth different device tbh but what you say does make sense, it's like the flavour is kinda there in the background but masked by a neutral/metallic taste.

I know they use mesh coils but I wonder what type of wire is used in disposables. If Kanthal then Matt it appears has been quite happy that.

Of course I may not be operating it correctly but all I can do is try each increment of Wattage between being too low to vapourise & the maximum written on the coil pack isn't it.

I'll buy some bar juice give that a shot then probably pack it in & look into cleverer ways to buy disposables.

Of course I may not be operating it correctly but all I can do is try each increment of Wattage between being too low to vapourise & the maximum written on the coil pack isn't it.

I'll buy some bar juice give that a shot then probably pack it in & look into cleverer ways to buy disposables.
I find their range of juice very similar to disposables.

https://www.elfbar.co.uk/elf-bar-elfliq-nic-salts-blue-razz-lemonade-10ml

4 for a tenner here, and 10% off with POTV10
https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/elf-bar-elfliq-e-liquid

Last edited:
I sympathise with you Matt, I bought a few Innokin devices when I started vaping and was always chasing flavour. I vape mostly tobacco and vanilla flavours, that kind of thing and never really got a satisfactory vape. I often wonder if it was just me and my expectations.

With Z coils I found priming heavily and then leaving for an hour before starting real slow to be the best approach. But I've never used a pod kit or vaped fruit flavours so I don't have much to compare it to.

The only vape I've been happy with is building my own coils in RTA's. A bit of a faff at first and definitely a learning curve but I might have considered packing up all together if I was buying coils. People rave about certain coils and kits but I always wanted more. I've spent a few hundred quid on vapes I probably won't use again and I feel your frustration.

I often wonder if it was just me and my expectations

i think this can be a factor. we use vapes in most cases to give up fags, which taste rank and kill you. so on that basis, zero taste, or neutral, should be a huge improvement. i was often baffled with new people on here complaining about flavour and saying they might go back to the fags because their liquid doesn’t taste enough of banana custard or blue slushy or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom