What's new

Hello, and maybe help me with a question..?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77127
  • Start date
I smoked for the thick end of half a century and had several failures.
Mind you, they were all the result of lighting one up at speed and lighting the filter end. The smokes equivalent of a nasty dry hit ;)
Yea, thinking about it.... I smoked roll ups, and sometimes they would side burn or be too tight, and I would need to ditch them. But I didn't consider such subtleties, the quote just tickled me.

Ok yes, looks great, but (and please don't read this as facetious because it's honestly not) why would that be any less likely to leak & fanny me about like the pods?

Sure there's a nice screw thread & O ring there but both the pod devices I had (Argus & Drag S) leaked from either the coil/coil seal or the air intakes and presumably a non-pod device still has coils & air intakes? Do pods & non-pods have an inherently different design which makes non-pod devices more reliable?

Also what sort of size would the mouthpiece opening be on those? I'm a MTL vaper so wouldn't want a huge tube & the scale of it is difficult to judge from sales photos, the mouthpiece (if that's even what you call it?) was around 10mm at it's widest on the MTL Drag S pods.

Thanks btw.

i think @Netvaper ’a thinking might be (and i’m not being facetious either, btw) that pods tend to be cheap plastic shite and relatively disposable in comparison to a stainless steel tank, with which little could go wrong. so there being less chance of failure, poor quality control etc. with the latter.

Did you know facetious is one of the only words that contains every vowel, in order?

Ok yes, looks great, but (and please don't read this as facetious because it's honestly not) why would that be any less likely to leak & fanny me about like the pods?

Sure there's a nice screw thread & O ring there but both the pod devices I had (Argus & Drag S) leaked from either the coil/coil seal or the air intakes and presumably a non-pod device still has coils & air intakes? Do pods & non-pods have an inherently different design which makes non-pod devices more reliable?

Also what sort of size would the mouthpiece opening be on those? I'm a MTL vaper so wouldn't want a huge tube & the scale of it is difficult to judge from sales photos, the mouthpiece (if that's even what you call it?) was around 10mm at it's widest on the MTL Drag S pods.

Thanks btw.

I suggested the EZ Tube as imo and admittedly limited experience of pods a well made traditional stock coil tank is less likely to have leaking/condensation issues and it's a relatively straightforward inexpensive kit for new vapers and the Innokin Z coils it uses seem to be well regarded. It's a mtl/rdl device with separate drip tips for both styles and you can if you like use your own drip tip on it. Size wise it's 25x136mm so on the tall side but then it's a pen style kit and has a 2100mAh battery so that's to be expected.

If you're interested more details and a user manual can be found here, https://www.innokin.com/ez-tube, you could also look for reviews.

Morning Matt.

I have been following your trials and tribulations to see if I can offer you some positivity in this vaping game.
I think you have a fundamental mismatch between e liquid ratio and coil rating.
As has been previously mentioned 50/50 liquid is too thin for a 0.7 coil thereby inviting the possibility of leaks.
The 0.7 are aimed more at RDL and thicker 70/30 liquids and the 1.2 better suited to MTL and 50/50 liquids.

Pods can be very finnicky when it comes to how forceful you draw on them.
My Caliburn X only likes a gentle draw otherwise it floods and leaks.

When I started vaping ,back in the dark ages , if you looked at a tank wrong it would dump its entire contents in a trouser or shirt pocket without a second thought.

Cheers

Morning Matt.

I have been following your trials and tribulations to see if I can offer you some positivity in this vaping game.
I think you have a fundamental mismatch between e liquid ratio and coil rating.
As has been previously mentioned 50/50 liquid is too thin for a 0.7 coil thereby inviting the possibility of leaks.
The 0.7 are aimed more at RDL and thicker 70/30 liquids and the 1.2 better suited to MTL and 50/50 liquids.

Pods can be very finnicky when it comes to how forceful you draw on them.
My Caliburn X only likes a gentle draw otherwise it floods and leaks.

When I started vaping ,back in the dark ages , if you looked at a tank wrong it would dump its entire contents in a trouser or shirt pocket without a second thought.

Cheers
I think it’s a bit of a sweeping (& somewhat erroneous) statement to say that 50:50 can’t be vaped through a .7 coil.

I agree with @John R Phillips comment, i have used 50/50 liquid with 0.7 Coils. In fact the majority of my E-Liquid ends up being 50/50 or thereabouts after adding Nicotine. The 0.7 by Aspire i think are my favourite Stock Coils, them or the GTX by Vaporesso.

Back
Top Bottom