What's new

Broadside clone on 3FVape

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have heard good things about the Broadside, but for me £95 is a lot of money for a mechanical mod, so I usually get clones, or cheap authentics like the Wotofo Phantom.

Is this clone lined like the genuine one to help prevent shorts in case of nicks in wrappers? And can anyone say how well it performs?

Am quite interested in this mod, I only have one black 18650 mech which is a SMPL clone, I prefer standard 510 connections though and also like the design of this fire button.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have heard good things about the Broadside, but for me £95 is a lot of money for a mechanical mod, so I usually get clones, or cheap authentics like the Wotofo Phantom.

Is this clone lined like the genuine one to help prevent shorts in case of nicks in wrappers? And can anyone say how well it performs?

Am quite interested in this mod, I only have one black 18650 mech which is a SMPL clone, I prefer standard 510 connections though and also like the design of this fire button.
Anything from knuckle heads is usually good. They've got these in

The one I bought from 3f should be here soon. I can comment when it's arrived

Thank you both @Miss Pepper and @allen, good to hear the clone even has the lining- not that I use batteries with rips in, I just think it is a nice touch, plus the fire button having no spring or magnet is cool!

I don't have a mech yet with either of those features, so think I will go for one. What colour did you go for @allen ?

Also, the first time I checked out knucklehead vapes- watched the review, "Go clone or go home", I like that one lol.

@conanthewarrior it looks fab in copper...
I have to agree with you, it does look really nice in copper :).

I was just a little worried as on 3Fvape, it says "Please note: This mechanical mod is without Organic Solderability Preservative Process. It will be oxidized easily." (Sorry for the bold, I copied and pasted) and one of my copper SMPL clones must be similar, as literally about a week after I got it it looked like an old penny!

I have never had a mod tarnish so fast, some copper mechs I have still look brand new so just worried this would happen with this one too. I don't mind a bit of a patina as that will happen, but the SMPL really does look like some sort of relic from the war now lol.

For the price at 3Fvape, it is VERY tempting though in copper....

Just give it a polish over with a cloth befire you put it away after vaping.

@EmbraSewerRat broadside is looking as good as when it was delivered.

Do it, buy both, you know you want to ;)

I do usually do that before I put it away (on top of an ottoman I got for my vape gear), but this one SMPL clone is like nothing I have ever seen before, I will have to try and get a picture.
It actually happened so fast I am not sure how it was not already looking that way when I received it lol.

is @EmbraSewerRat broadside one of the clones too? Sounds very good if it is. EDIT: Doh, he made this thread. Sorry about that.

And don't tempt me lol, I have far too many mods already, but this mod does seem like it could do with a few in the collection, I would say a switch without springs or magnets is quite innovative so deserves a place :)

Is there any other mods that lack springs or magnets? It is the first I have heard of but I admit I don't keep up with mechs as much as regulated mods.

Is that the knuckle head one or 3fvape then again i suppose they're the same just different delivery times?

Is that the knuckle head one or 3fvape then again i suppose they're the same just different delivery times?
I am pretty certain they will be the same ones, just the 3Fvape one is a lot cheaper but will take longer to get here.

I did buy an AV able clone from the UK before, was £35 I think and came with an RDA with two caps, then they was on the China sites and were the exact same ones, my friend @crustyfolker actually bought one there as well as from the UK and they seem the same.

Back
Top Bottom