What's new

Chapped lips.

yes - I just drink more water and dab a little coconut oil on them when lip balm isn't helping - found you a list of lippy do's n' don'ts to give you more pointers ;) http://www.today.com/style/put-down-lip-balm-doctor-approved-list-chapped-lips-do-t69466 I notice that they steer you towards balms with vaseline/bees wax in them - these make my skin worse and I have to avoid those, so it's worth paying attention to whats actually in the stuff you're using to moisturise your lips if certain balms aren't working or even exacerbating the problem. Good luck, it's bloody annoying!

Btw coconut oil is fantastic for cooking the most delectable scrambled eggs, and pancakes too :p

No doubt, coconut oil is awesome. The best one I've found is the "Groovy Food" one from Waities. I use it in scrambed eggs too, even better than butter :D

No doubt, coconut oil is awesome. The best one I've found is the "Groovy Food" one from Waities. I use it in scrambed eggs too, even better than butter :D

Hell yeah! Groovy Food, sounds like posh stuff! We just use whatever stuff they have in the local Halal grocery store - I think it's by a company called KTC or summat similar, about £2 for 500ml - I don't think I've tried any other brands to compare it to tho so I can't really say if its good or bad...it does the job is all I can say hehe

It's pretty common with people constantly rocking super low ohm builds at high power too. As are some nasty burns or scalds in some cases as well!!

You could stack a couple of heatsinks on top of your dripper or tank, but vaping over 100 watts is a pretty damned hot vape lol. Burnt and chapped lips are a common side effect. You're probably not anywhere near that (or are you lol?), but getting up that way can increase susceptibility.

Your tongue isn't cracking or fissuring as well is it? Still nice and smooth?

Depending how much you vape and with your individual set up, you need to put away 4 or 5 or more litres of fluids per day to remain well hydrated ;).

I didn't drink enough before I started vaping, & I know I don't drink enough now. Unless its alcoholic :grin2:. I seem to be one of those people who never drinks more than a few cups of tea a day.

I didn't drink enough before I started vaping, & I know I don't drink enough now. Unless its alcoholic :grin2:. I seem to be one of those people who never drinks more than a few cups of tea a day.

I'm the same mate. I got some larger 500ml mugs to make me drink extra and have to force myself to down 3 or 4 extra mugs per day lol, or I get the chapped lips and other signs of dehydration too. My liquids are low PG as well!! Changing from normal tea to African Redbush helped as well ;). I don't need lip balms, etc now. The better hydration deals with it :D.

I can't stand plain water either which doesn't help pmsl.

Rub dog shit on your lips....

It wont cure them but it will stop you licking them

The following is also worth noting -- I am indebted to my wife for this advice (she makes soap and lip balm, hand cream etc)...

While vaping, dehydration and constant lip-licking could be contributing to your chapped lips, it is also likely that poo quality lip balms -- which are made largely from petroleum jelly -- could also be a contributing factor. My wife makes lip balm that doesn't contain petroleum jelly. She says that PJ in fact acts as a barrier to natural moisture and contributes to the feeling that one's lips have dried out -- hence over frequent reapplication of the stuff. I tend to get chapped lips in the winter and she converted me to using a balm that doesn't contain PJ and I must say I noticed a difference: a small application went a long way and the feeling of dryness and a need to reapply went away...

Don't ask me what is in it -- I have no idea :)

Back
Top Bottom