What's new

CHOOSING A CHEAP BATTERY !

hahah what the hell. Thanks for the mention guys! Just writing a post on my authenticating process! In the office, at 10.30 ~.~

dedication will take you far! and ive heard many good things about yourself at fogstar.

nah even Vaporiser aint as thick as this chunt, plus its not in the new user section ;)

Aha...but are you sure about that....?
Screenshot_32.png

@banannajoe
I've a little story to share and I hope you think carefully before you comment on it.
I've been around here for a little over 3 years I think, I started with an ego then quickly moved up to an mvp2 which was a storming device which went all the way up to 15 watts and fired a 0.7ohm coil. It had an internal battery which lasted ages.
Around about that time high power low ohm regulated devices were just coming into the frat. The cloupor mini was not long released at a special price of 30 odd quid, a number of us apes brought them and I'm sure a number of us still have and love them.
This was my first external battery mod, I needed a charger and battery. I brought an efest soda charger and I was given an efest high mah battery that had a rating of 20 amp I believe.
Now efest batteries are sold in most vape shops as such the assumption is that it's a 'safe battery'.
At the time we had a really low ohm build mech user by the name of @Raguri. Now rags was the resident battery guru so I asked him about this efest.
I was sent a link to a french blog where this particular cell had been tested.
We often advise against efest and that's because we have long memories, efest rewrap cells with their own branded wraps and sell them as good cells. Unfortunately they have nearly always lied about the safe amp draw that the cell can take.
Now imagine my surprise when this cell was actually tested as a 4amp draw. Its not fake, it's the right size and weight. It's a potential handgrenade wrapped up in a purple skin and sold to vapers.
Now, you've been reading apparently and you've been learning things, so tell me.
Why is this battery a danger and why has it never been in a mod and instead its used in on of my caving head lamps instead.
Now tell me why I think the above drivel should make you think and ask more questions here, the knowledge in this forum is pretty much second to none. There's a reason why when you Google a vaping question potv is always near the top of the search results.

(sorry for the drivel folks , I'm a little caned and felt a need to say something that isn't slating the op for not Appearing to listen to the advice given)

I need another.........

Last edited:
@banannajoe
I've a little story to share and I hope you think carefully before you comment on it.
I've been around here for a little over 3 years I think, I started with an ego then quickly moved up to an mvp2 which was a storming device which went all the way up to 15 watts and fired a 0.7ohm coil. It had an internal battery which lasted ages.
Around about that time high power low ohm regulated devices were just coming into the frat. The cloupor mini was not long released at a special price of 30 odd quid, a number of us apes brought them and I'm sure a number of us still have and love them.
This was my first external battery mod, I needed a charger and battery. I brought an efest soda charger and I was given an efest high mah battery that had a ring of 30 amp I believe.
Now efest batteries are sold in most vape shops as such the assumption is that it's a 'safe battery'.
At the time we had a really low ohm build mech user by the name of @Raguri. Now rags was the resident battery guru so I asked him about this efest.
I was sent a link to a french blog where this particular cell had been tested.
We often advise against efest and that's because we have long memories, efest rewrap cells with their own branded wraps and sell them as good cells. Unfortunately they have nearly always lied about the safe amp draw that the cell can take.
Now imagine my surprise when this cell was actually tested as a 10amp draw. Its not fake, it's the right size and weight. It's a potential handgrenade wrapped up in a purple skin and sold to vapers.
Now, you've been reading apparently and you've been learning things, so tell me.
Why is this battery a danger and why has it never been in a mod and instead its used in on of my caving head lamps instead.
Now tell me why I think the above drivel should make you think and ask more questions here, the knowledge in this forum is pretty much second to none. There's a reason why when you Google a vaping question potv is always near the top of the search results.

(sorry for the drivel folks , I'm a little caned and felt a need to say something that isn't slating the op for not Appearing to listen to the advice given)

I need another.........
@banannajoe

Ok, i was wrong in my description of the battery.
It's actually a lot worse than I remembered.
I've just trawled through my inbox for the pm to @Raguri and found the link.

This is what efest considered good practice
Here's the link I was sent https://translate.googleusercontent...euses/&usg=ALkJrhiuvDhqKkZFZzT_qgqFpiy5fxrLlA

Back
Top Bottom