What's new

Coils burning too quick

Hazza85

Hope someone can shed some light.

I've been vaping for a couple years now. I've got a smoke baby mod and use the same smoke baby coils. Normally a coil could last me over 2 weeks and then you get the odd crap one that last 2 days. The past month I've had to change my Coil every 2 days because they keep burning out. I have always had a Watts at 50, reduce it when I have a new coil in and the increase gradually. Could it be my mod is getting old or the batterys needle replacing? I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance

First of all what coil type and what power rating the coils have ? . If you run it at the max value it will have a short life. Second, smok is famous for bad quality control although i never had issues for 2 years using a baby beast. There are shiloads of fakes, even shops sell fakes thinking they are original. Third , what juice as some juices will kill a coil really fast. Forth, vaping style , if you chain vape all day .. well you figure it out although i presume vaping style did not change. What kit do you have exactly. There is also the possibility of a bad coil read ( happen on the smok qbox due to a loose ground connection) .

First of all what coil type and what power rating the coils have ? . If you run it at the max value it will have a short life. Second, smok is famous for bad quality control although i never had issues for 2 years using a baby beast. There are shiloads of fakes, even shops sell fakes thinking they are original. Third , what juice as some juices will kill a coil really fast. Forth, vaping style , if you chain vape all day .. well you figure it out although i presume vaping style did not change. What kit do you have exactly. There is also the possibility of a bad coil read ( happen on the smok qbox due to a loose ground connection) .

I have a smok OSUB king 220w mod with a q2 coil inside. They recommend between 40-80w, I always have it between 45-50w. I thought it might be the juice so I bough the normal ice basic vape juice and still same issue, coils burn within 2 days. When I vape I do chain it but not all day as I'm at work, I've never had an issue apart from when you get odd dud coil. Really random as I bought 4 coils packs from different places, like amazon then of a real vape shop.

That kit has a tfv8 baby beast tank on it. The coils have a huge compatibility list . Have a look here under small coils.. there are a lot of them and should all be compatible . You can buy one pack from 2-3 other brands and see which ones are better.

I would stop using the smok, here is a list of compatible coils. I highly recommend Vaporesso GT Mesh, Hellbeast Mesh H1 or Eleaf HW N coils
20190913_222336.jpg

Thank you very much for the help guys. It's so random as I've used the same stuff for 2 years and no problems and all of a sudden the coils aren't good enough. I will order some of the above and see how it goes.

Thank you very much for the help guys. It's so random as I've used the same stuff for 2 years and no problems and all of a sudden the coils aren't good enough. I will order some of the above and see how it goes.
Hey. I know its so annoying that there is no reason why they are sometimes so bad. Maybe its fate telling u to try something else!
As i said i have tried about 6 small.coils and vaporesso gt mesh a d hellbeast H1 mesh coils are my favs! Trust me u won't look back!

Hey. I know its so annoying that there is no reason why they are sometimes so bad. Maybe its fate telling u to try something else!
As i said i have tried about 6 small.coils and vaporesso gt mesh a d hellbeast H1 mesh coils are my favs! Trust me u won't look back!

It's mental how the last 10 coils have all been bad and they r from 3 different boxes! I ordered a pack of hellbeast h2 coils. They should come on Saturday. Fingers crossed they bloody work. Appreciate your help

It's mental how the last 10 coils have all been bad and they r from 3 different boxes! I ordered a pack of hellbeast h2 coils. They should come on Saturday. Fingers crossed they bloody work. Appreciate your help
H2??? Do u mean these H1? If so then good choice
Screenshot_20190926-222123_Google.jpg

Back
Top Bottom