What's new

Coils burning too quick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-001259_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-001259_eBay.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 28
I had a horizon falcon tank and the coils burnt out really quickly. I found some of it was the juice, if it’s very sweet or bad quality the coils will burn out very quickly. It was what made me decide to start building my own coils, I can’t recommend it enough. I only buy juices from a few places now as some juices are just terrible for the coils.

Smok baby beast size coils are notoriously dicey. When the batches are running well the simple 0.4/0.6 Q2 coils can last well around 25-30w but when they have QC issue's it doesn't matter where you source them. They are produced in such huge numbers it can be month's before you find any decent ones again.
I will say that smok are also legendary for overstating the running wattage on coils.
The Q2 0.4/0.6's shouldn't be running at 50w. 30w is pushing the boundaries of the 0.6 if you want a decent life from it. As I say, I run the 0.4 around 30-35w max and the 0.6 around 25-30 max.
The range of coils in this size from vaporesso are currently the best for flavour and lifespan. Really good coils and the mesh one's offer tons of vapour and flavour plus the design allows the best chance for a long lifespan as there's plenty of wick and space for the mesh to cool preventing gunk from accumulating too quickly.
The eleaf hw one's you have are similar to the smok in performance but much more reliable.

I had a horizon falcon tank and the coils burnt out really quickly. I found some of it was the juice, if it’s very sweet or bad quality the coils will burn out very quickly. It was what made me decide to start building my own coils, I can’t recommend it enough. I only buy juices from a few places now as some juices are just terrible for the coils.
Juice is a huge factor (especially north American juices as they contain sugars), juice viscosity also contributes as high vg juice is slow to wick. but also as a rule it's best to use the lowest recomended wattage as the highest wattage and experiment upwards slowly. I often find even the lowest rating is pushing things for the amount of wicking available to feed the coil.
Vape companies are obsessed with ever climbing wattage and massively overstate the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom