What's new

COP27

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

So today marks the beginning of the annual junket for politicians to gather to talk hot air about the environment, where no-one actually delivers on what they promised.

Surely if they were serious about this we wouldn't require 27 go's at it?

Instead we witness the usual scenes of the unduly affected telling their stories to the wealthy nations, who just utter platitudes and make hollow promises to do better... roll on next year, rinse repeat until we're all doomed.

The richer nations realise that natural resources will run out leaving them with the technology that doesn`t rely on fossil fuels which will give them even more power over anybody that`s left plus a self healing world.

Yeah the usual annual jamboree but what amuses me is how anyone thinks what is said to be required is affordable and the next UK budget statement due on the 17th is going to about filling an estimated £50b fiscal black hole.

So, done... and we're supposed to be happy with being handed a cup of lukewarm pish...

Apparently 40,000 travelled to it. Flight radar recorded over 100 private jets but says due to limited coverage in the area significantly more would have done so. The whole thing is just a cash cow they say for a number of big corporations.

Pffft.... seems to me that all the bla bla bla-ing at climate summits is just a way to look like you're doing something whist putting off taking any meaningful action.

Last edited:
For what they achieved, and the environment cost of getting them there. They could have done it all with Teams or Zoom. I know there’s an environmental impact connoted to the servers used. But it would have been massively less.

I can’t help thinking this is nothing more than a first class junket, for the already incredibly wealthy.

if they’ve got to fly, send them in tourist class. And let then stay in tourist accommodation. Give them sandwiches when they’re at the meetings. And make them, personally pay, for anything else.

The UK cant even/ wont sort out legislation for electric scooters, pathetic. Public transport is an expensive and unreliable disgrace. The wealthiest 1 per cent of people in the UK each produce 11 times the amount of carbon emissions of someone in the poorest half of the population, go figure.....

Back
Top Bottom