What's new

could England be crowned as Euro winners still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to this breaking news?

I don't think that's the case, nobody got a red card in their semi-final against Spain did they?

... I do agree that the shirt grab should have been one though.

Sorry Si it came through a newsflash on the Mrs's phone and now she can't find it, think it gets deleted once read, I don't get why it never came through via Apple news to me.

Sorry Si it came through a newsflash on the Mrs's phone and now she can't find it, think it gets deleted once read, I don't get why it never came through via Apple news to me.
Er... perhaps because it wasn't "breaking news" or a bit of the wrong end of somebody's stick? :)
I dunno, it sounds odd but has stirred up a right old internet nestery of hornets. :)

Some people are less passionate because it is ONLY a game. Losing (or in this case being a runner up) is not a reason for national shame or outrage.

It is entertainment and nothing more.

The thread as become derailed, I never mentioned anything about shame or outrage and i have no issue with the result. Each to their own on wether they like footy or the country we live in.
Don't shoot the messenger. If folks had the same passion for things as they do for themselves the world would be better. Instead we live in a world where folks do not care about things as long as they are happy themselves. Sod what others think.
i sometimes think folks will settle for anything to make life easier. Just like those who want disposable vapes.

Er... perhaps because it wasn't "breaking news" or a bit of the wrong end of somebody's stick? :)
I dunno, it sounds odd but has stirred up a right old internet nestery of hornets. :)

anyone with an iphone will probably get these breaking news bulletins once looked at they dissapear. My Mrs has an android phone so it's google who must have sent the breaking news. I certainly wouldn't make something up for the hell of it.
But i agree about opening a box of hornets, i think folks will jump on and attack anything without realising how it was meant. Always say that written is often mistook where as spoken folks get it.

No worries mate, I think it is fake news though.

Think people have forgotten the Beckham Death threats from sick people
after the 1998 Argentina exit
&
Ronaldo "Winker" incident

Dg76ERBWAAADSvt

Even the papers turned on Beckham...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/123759.stm

Southgate's tactics fell at the last hurdle I'm afraid
there are sick people out there
and plenty of others that take the low & the high road over it all

it is just a game, England did well but alas not well enough in the end
That effigy was hanged outside my local in South Norwood. Ironically, the pub's called the Pleasant Pheasant, and it was in fact a shithole

@crustyfolker
Which Italian player was red-carded and sent off in the semi-final? If there wasn't one then this "breaking news" story is a load of shite.

Southgate has done an incredible job over the last few years, But Southgate is not a winner, can't tkae a penalty and can't pick 5 players that take penaties the way the 1st 2 where taken. The 3 missed pens where rashford unlucky but may have led to heads going down. The last 2 pens where took in a to cautious manner and where saved. I feel we had lost the game as soon as we started to try and defend the lead instead of pushing harder for more goals. Kane is to slow, no matter what folks say, he was always well behind the ball when it was passed to where he should have been. Gesticulating is making hand gestures like like flipping the bird ie middle finger up
images
My bad @crustyfolker i thought gesticulate had a different meaning.

That effigy was hanged outside my local in South Norwood. Ironically, the pub's called the Pleasant Pheasant, and it was in fact a shithole

There was always angry vile people was the point I was trying to make

If Social Media was so ultra widespread back then
it would have melted the dial up phone lines with all the ugly vile comments

If they revoked Italy's win, then they need to look at how valid England's Semi was

It is over, move on, bad decisions get made & there has always been some vile cunts

The thread as become derailed, I never mentioned anything about shame or outrage and i have no issue with the result. Each to their own on wether they like footy or the country we live in.
Don't shoot the messenger. If folks had the same passion for things as they do for themselves the world would be better. Instead we live in a world where folks do not care about things as long as they are happy themselves. Sod what others think.
i sometimes think folks will settle for anything to make life easier. Just like those who want disposable vapes.

No you didn't mention shame or outrage, I Clearly wrote it ISN'T a reason for shame or outrage - that was to emphasise its only a game. i.e. it's no big deal.

Not having passion for a game doesn't make the world a worse place - it makes no difference whatsoever.

I don't know you managed to relate indifference to a game, as making life easier, or creates a penchant for buying disposable items. Pretending to have the same likes, interests or opinions as others can make life easier, but it's not really being honest.

It's just a game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom