What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mod, 88w VW/TC/Bypass, cool as ...

The battery top is about the the most silky bit of cnc work I've seen. Buttery.

Last edited:
The battery top is about the the most silky bit of cnc work I've seen. Buttery.

The whole thing is sliky smooth, actually I should have included that in 'things you might not like' too, it's not in the least bit 'grippy' and combined with the weight, it's probably not a mod for people with butter fingers or low grip in their hands. I've only ever dropped a mod once but some people seem to do it all the time.

The whole thing is sliky smooth, actually I should have included that in 'things you might not like' too, it's not in the least bit 'grippy' and combined with the weight, it's probably not a mod for people with butter fingers or low grip in their hands. I've only ever dropped a mod once but some people seem to do it all the time.
Calling me a dropper. Lol.
I've been known to drop a mod or two and yes sometimes into the bath.

Was looking forward to this review. Cheers @Simon G , appreciated. Should I.....? Good stuff, mate.

I think it's a really great device but probably not for everyone ... would I recommend it as a work mod for someone that works on a building site? no probably not. Would I recommend it as a daily driver for someone that vapes at 75w? probably not either. I think there's more suitable options in those circumstances.

For me this fits in the 'Best mod for special occasions' or 'my special mod that I enjoy when I'm not at work' or 'a really nice gift for someone' category. I would think of it the same way that I might think about a Dotmod mod, or something like that, not crazy money or super 'high end' but just a fair bit nicer than the usually run of the mill gear, something you would want to take care of a little more than the Smok you take out everyday.

Great review SimonG, I really like the look of this one. Spending ban for now except juice. [emoji3]

Or, "Udders for fingers", as rugby players are oft described.

I've loved the look of these ever since I first cast my eyes on one on the Steam Island website. Simple, clean lines, and in Midnight Green, almost as sexy as Pochahontis' avatar.

Definitely a case of 'less is more'.

Unfortunately, I ordered one without doing my homework. Got suckered by the .co.uk website. :imstupid :blondmoment:

So, 3 weeks on, and not a single response to my 4 emails and 2 direct messages to cancel the order, I've had to resort to opening a PayPal dispute. To my horror there are a great deal of others ahead of me in the queue...

Moral of the story...

1. Pochahontis writes great reviews
2. Cthulhu make great mods and atties
3. I keep agreeing with @eyeball kid :eek:
4. Avoid https://ecigwarehouse.co.uk/ like covid-19

Great review @Simon G :thankyou:

Or, "Udders for fingers", as rugby players are oft described.

I've loved the look of these ever since I first cast my eyes on one on the Steam Island website. Simple, clean lines, and in Midnight Green, almost as sexy as Pochahontis' avatar.

Definitely a case of 'less is more'.

Unfortunately, I ordered one without doing my homework. Got suckered by the .co.uk website. :imstupid :blondmoment:

So, 3 weeks on, and not a single response to my 4 emails and 2 direct messages to cancel the order, I've had to resort to opening a PayPal dispute. To my horror there are a great deal of others ahead of me in the queue...

Moral of the story...

1. Pochahontis writes great reviews
2. Cthulhu make great mods and atties
3. I keep agreeing with @eyeball kid :eek:
4. Avoid https://ecigwarehouse.co.uk/ like covid-19

Great review @Simon G :thankyou:
I'm in the ecigwarehouse dispute queue as well. I'm still going to get one as soon as I get a refund.

Nice review @Simon G

I think it's a really great device but probably not for everyone ... would I recommend it as a work mod for someone that works on a building site? no probably not. Would I recommend it as a daily driver for someone that vapes at 75w? probably not either. I think there's more suitable options in those circumstances.

For me this fits in the 'Best mod for special occasions' or 'my special mod that I enjoy when I'm not at work' or 'a really nice gift for someone' category. I would think of it the same way that I might think about a Dotmod mod, or something like that, not crazy money or super 'high end' but just a fair bit nicer than the usually run of the mill gear, something you would want to take care of a little more than the Smok you take out everyday.
Spot on.
It's a class mod. One you'd put in your pocket of you had to go out suited and booted or to use at home to enjoy.
The price then becomes a bit of a bargain. The average wismec is released with a retail price of sixty to a hundred quid these days.
This sits next to something like my limelight wicket perfectly (I'd go so far to say the threading on the cthulhu is superior) and the quality far outstrips my vapournaute le petite box which is about fifty quid more expensive.
They've done a great job again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom