What's new

Desire Mad Dog RTA

McCloudz

Postman
Looking into getting one of these to replace my Cleito which I cannot get around the leakage. Desire boast that the Mad Dog doesn't leak and it has a 7ml tank. I like where the airflow is located on this design. How does the Mad Dog compare flavour wise, is it worth buying to replace my other? Thanks :)

Last edited:
That's an rdta not an rta. And it's great if wicked correctly. I've got the Desire Mad Dog Mech rdta kit and it's one of my favorite vape items.

I've got the Mad Dog RTA and it's a nice device but a bitch to get it to wick well enough to be able to turn the power up to match the airflow. In other words, huge airflow for a single coil RTA but without the wicking capacity to match.

I've got the Mad Dog RTA and it's a nice device but a bitch to get it to wick well enough to be able to turn the power up to match the airflow. In other words, huge airflow for a single coil RTA but without the wicking capacity to match.
Come really close to buying the rta a few times. Each time I get put off by the ultem top. Wish they made the drip tip independent to the rest of the top cap and didn't make the top cap out of ultem. Just doesn't match any of the tanks colours.

Silly question probably, it has a 510 connection so assume it will be fine on a regulated dual battery box mod? Just that I've only seen it pictured paired with the mech tube mod!
On the fence leaning toward buying this but any other suggestions for a 'near' perfect rdta that won't be prone to leaks and has a decent enough flavour - I'm working at my coiling and wicking! Thanks :)

I meant *RDTA sorry!

Silly question probably, it has a 510 connection so assume it will be fine on a regulated dual battery box mod? Just that I've only seen it pictured paired with the mech tube mod!
On the fence leaning toward buying this but any other suggestions for a 'near' perfect rdta that won't be prone to leaks and has a decent enough flavour - I'm working at my coiling and wicking! Thanks :)

I meant *RDTA sorry!
It will be fine on your mod. The one pictured on the mech has the bottom removed and it then pairs with a special top for the mech tube. But the mech kit comes with a seperate base for the rdta so it can be used on other mods. If you buy just the rdta it will come with the normal base attached to it can be used on any mod.

Recently got pointed towards the Vandy Vape Pyro rdta. Looks awesome with a much better wicking design. Instead of two small round holes for the cotton to feed in to the tank it has wide open end sections which will remove all possibility of wicking it wrongly and getting dry hits. Looks amazing. It's now on my "to buy" list. The GeekVape Medussa Reborn also looks very good with a similar new wicking style and it's also squonk compatible and comes with a squonk pin.

Last edited:
It will be fine on your mod. The one pictured on the mech has the bottom removed and it then pairs with a special top for the mech tube. But the mech kit comes with a seperate base for the rdta so it can be used on other mods. If you buy just the rdta it will come with the normal base attached to it can be used on any mod.

Recently got pointed towards the Vandy Vape Pyro rdta. Looks awesome with a much better wicking design. Instead of two small round holes for the cotton to feed in to the tank it has wide open end sections which will remove all possibility of wicking it wrongly and getting dry hits. Looks amazing. It's now on my "to buy" list. The GeekVape Medussa Reborn also looks very good with a similar new wicking style and it's also squonk compatible and comes with a squonk pin.
Thanks for the extra info, I ordered the mad dog rdta now! any idea if I can buy a squonk pin for it? :)

Thanks for the extra info, I ordered the mad dog rdta now! any idea if I can buy a squonk pin for it? :)
That's cool, the Mad Dog is also awesome. I love mine. Got the mech kit in red and with the gold it looks suuuper sexy!

No, I don't believe there's a squonk pin for it. It wicks like a traditional rdta with a round hole for each cotton end. Personally, I don't put my cotton thru the holes. I find it wicks and works much better if it's wicked like an rda or some rta with the cotton just folded under the coil with the cotton fluffed up and just sat on top of the wick holes but without covering them up completely. Once the cotton is saturated it sags a little so I place it over the holes, prime it, vape it for 5 min and then once the cotton has settles I use a pin too make sure there is a small gap and some juice can come out when the tank is tilted. The deck has a small lip so it doesn't leak if too much comes out as it just drains back to the tank when you hold it straight again.

Back
Top Bottom