What's new

Review Digiflavor Siren GTA 22mm and 25mm plus Build

Interesting. I'll move her down a little

Is this a strictly MTL tank though? It's not a very tight draw? To be sure, mine is the Digiflavor Siren GTA 22mm

This juice is a custard

Interesting. I'll move her down a little

Is this a strictly MTL tank though? It's not a very tight draw? To be sure, mine is the Digiflavor Siren GTA 22mm

This juice is a custard
I usually vape mine with the smallest airflow halfway to a quarter open and use the air reducer/diffuser, to be fair I like a tight draw.

The Siren was designed for MTL. You can lung hit it but it will be a very restricted one like with the Kayfun v5.

Custards are notorious for gunking up coils rather quick and they usually have a high sweetener content which can easily burn with higher coil temps.

I wasn't aware of that. Anything I can do to negate? A spaced coil or something? It did look much blacker than I was expecting to be fair

That said, it's never been an issue on the Kayfun? They vape very similar actually, I'm on the smallest hole

Although a full tank lasts for absolutely ages on this bad boy

This is what tobacco can do to a build strictly MTL...

20160804_184234.jpg

That was after a week of use on holiday and it still tasted good...well seasoned as they say lol

In a KFv5 you use much shorter wicks, hence less break in time and a shorter distance for the juice to travel... but it isn't a true MTL tank unless you have the reducer kit

Unfortunately custards do what custards do, and that means plenty of dry burning and re-wicking[emoji1]

Last edited:
Further

I'm getting a not unnoticeable amount of leakage. It seems to be where the airflow control is. It's loose, and it can be moved up and down by a sliver

When doing so, juice is pushed out, so it looks like this is where it's escaping from

Anyone any ideas as to why this might be? I wouldn't have thought that any juice could get down there? If it's screwed in properly (it is) then by rights, no juice should be able to get down there?

Further

I'm getting a not unnoticeable amount of leakage. It seems to be where the airflow control is. It's loose, and it can be moved up and down by a sliver

When doing so, juice is pushed out, so it looks like this is where it's escaping from

Anyone any ideas as to why this might be? I wouldn't have thought that any juice could get down there? If it's screwed in properly (it is) then by rights, no juice should be able to get down there?
That may not be leaking juice.

I have found when I use an MTL tank... because I use much slower draws... the vapour sort of hangs around inside the chimney and AFC system and condenses a lot more than when I DTL. I get it with my Kayfuns and Taifuns also...it could just be condensate.

Further

Ive had exactly the same leaking issues,the oring at the bottom of the tank isnt very tight fitting,it actually moves around quite easily and should be a tighter fit.Ive stopped wicking with my tails going to bottom of tank and touching side of glass,seems to have fixed the leaking so far.

My tails are about halfway down to the bottom of the tank, but I opened airflow per beastobadness to the next hole and no more leaking, though I would prefer a tighter draw

I am getting some dry/burnt hits though, I'm not sure why. I've an 8 wrap 26g kanthal coil at 15w, so not too hot. I may have packed too much cotton in there?

My tails are about halfway down to the bottom of the tank, but I opened airflow per beastobadness to the next hole and no more leaking, though I would prefer a tighter draw

I am getting some dry/burnt hits though, I'm not sure why. I've an 8 wrap 26g kanthal coil at 15w, so not too hot. I may have packed too much cotton in there?

Your build sounds good. Could be you are using too much wick but the Siren is usually pretty forgiving in that respect.

Have you got any pics of the build deck?

Attached. Sorry for awful quality !

It also sizzles for half a second after finishing taking a pull

QIO951j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom