What's new

Disposable Vapes .. And why we say no ...

fasttech has 900 odd listings for disposable vape. quite a few i see with 18650 batteries. i assumed the one someone posted in the other thread was a mad anomaly. i guess the streets will soon be littered with these, then.

upload_2022-5-20_18-44-8.png

I'm sure there is a lot of money to be made in disposables, lots of repeat buying so it's no wonder companies push them.

It's sad to see what is happening. I managed to convert my boss from disposables to a cheap mod and tank but he gave up after a few days, sent it back for a refund and went back on the disposable ffs. The simplicity is very appealing for people that want to replace the cigs these days.

Can we say we wouldn't of at least tried them when we first tried to kick ciggies? When I first tried an ecig it was a ce4 and ego pen converted me instantly but if that disposable was there then maybe I would have tried it. I just mean I can see the appeal for new ciggie quitters but I also see how much it's destroying the good side of the vape industry too.

Last edited:
You have to take into account that a lot of folk dont understand all the jargon and bells and whistles around the mods and now pods. I know a few vapers that struggle with what wattage to set their mods etc. A disposable is easy and faff free, they just buy and vape straight away.
For me the fun and enjoyment is fiddling and mixing and building etc but that's not for everyone.

You have to take into account that a lot of folk dont understand all the jargon and bells and whistles around the mods and now pods. I know a few vapers that struggle with what wattage to set their mods etc. A disposable is easy and faff free, they just buy and vape straight away.
For me the fun and enjoyment is fiddling and mixing and building etc but that's not for everyone.
Agreed. I had a conversation with someone the other day. I was trying to explain to him different nic and watts and it baffled him. That's stuff a child could understand but some people don't want to think about it. Just buy a disposable and no need to work it out.

It's shit!

Agreed. I had a conversation with someone the other day. I was trying to explain to him different nic and watts and it baffled him. That's stuff a child could understand but some people don't want to think about it. Just buy a disposable and no need to work it out.

It's shit!
It is shit but unfortunately we are not all like minded. I have a mate that constantly asks me what wattage he should vape at. He ramps it up then phones me to say his coil is burnt or the vape is too strong. I've explained to him it's like a light bulb dimmer, turn it a bit to start and if your happy with the result then great. If not turn it up a bit more and try it again.
Unfortunately it's like beating your head against a brick wall. He still cant get it. He now vapes a fixed wattage vinci pod lol.

There are many many non-disposable pod system that just have one fire rate and dont have variable wattages.

Most dont even have buttons.

there was not a niche for these things in the first place - it was totally manufactured.

it was already covered with basic firebuttonless pods.

Last edited:
There are many many non-disposablw pod system that just have one fire rate and dont have variable wattages.

Most dont even have buttons.

there was not a niche for these things in the first place - it was totally manufactured.

it was already covered with basic firebuttonless pods.
For me personally I thought pods when they first come out was a step backwards but they have developed into full blown mods now.
I guess everything has its place and everyone is different in their needs.
Hopefully the disposable user wake up and see the big advantages of moving away from disposable use onto a pod or mod.
We can only keep educating folk of what's around and what the pros and cons are.

For me personally I thought pods when they first come out was a step backwards but they have developed into full blown mods now.
I guess everything has its place and everyone is different in their needs.
Hopefully the disposable user wake up and see the big advantages of moving away from disposable use onto a pod or mod.
We can only keep educating folk of what's around and what the pros and cons are.
This is my point though - rather than educating people away from smoking our energy is now in educating them away from a product that in terms of the industry and impact is actually a step back from where we were.

its madness

i thought the same of pods tbh - but even the simple ones have improved hugely - they are very viable now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom