What's new

Dna 40

apparently some flavourings can break down at high temp. to produce cyto toxins, correct if wrong.....
ironic that the proponents of vaping plus ohms will now be building sub ohm coils in nickel wire :)
think of the temp. setting as a failsafe.
I for one look forward to no more dry hits due to stainless genny tanks !
and 40W is 5 watts more than I have ever built to

apparently some flavourings can break down at high temp. to produce cyto toxins, correct if wrong.....
ironic that the proponents of vaping plus ohms will now be building sub ohm coils in nickel wire :)
think of the temp. setting as a failsafe.
I for one look forward to no more dry hits due to stainless genny tanks !
and 40W is 5 watts more than I have ever built to

You are correct about the flavorings, remember popcorn lung from butter flavors.

When I started vaping everybody had basically switched from nichrome to kanthal because it was a pain to build with, doesn't heat up as fast as kanthal, lower resistance, taste funny and nickel is toxic.

Funniest part is when Rip tries to build crazy coils with nichrome.

Edit: Don't listen to me I'm always skeptical, I hated the SX350 when it was released and now I love it. I really like Phil Ive spoken to him via mail a couple of times but I hate the yankee ass kissing sessions he has with evolve and he calls them geniuses. Imagine if Samsung decided to make a chip.....

Last edited:
You are correct about the flavorings, remember popcorn lung from butter flavors.

When I started vaping everybody had basically switched from nichrome to kanthal because it was a pain to build with, doesn't heat up as fast as kanthal, lower resistance, taste funny and nickel is toxic.

If I remember rightly it was the Chrome in Nichrome that was the problem, in this devvice if youre using nickel then it will never get hot enough to breakdown, outgas or anything else that could be upsetting and PBusardo didnt seem to have a problem with the flavour on the Flask DNA40 he was using...

If I remember rightly it was the Chrome in Nichrome that was the problem, in this devvice if youre using nickel then it will never get hot enough to breakdown, outgas or anything else that could be upsetting and PBusardo didnt seem to have a problem with the flavour on the Flask DNA40 he was using...

Why would Phil have a problem with the flavor when he is best buddies with Brandon. Nicotine can breakdown Nichrome but I think it will be fine if you change wire often.

Why would Phil have a problem with the flavor when he is best buddies with Brandon. Nicotine can breakdown Nichrome but I think it will be fine if you change wire often.

Ah it's not Nichrome theyre using - its pure Nickel, the stuff used for NR wire in Nr-R- Nr coils...

Edit: Don't listen to me I'm always skeptical, I hated the SX350 when it was released and now I love it. I really like Phil Ive spoken to him via mail a couple of times but I hate the yankee ass kissing sessions he has with evolve and he calls them geniuses. Imagine if Samsung decided to make a chip.....

Yea, but he has always slagged them off for lack of reveres battery protection. Samsung would make something like the YiHi chips first time though better: good but not really understanding the nuances & adding features to please the marketing dept. Yihi are doing a goodish job with the moders boards, but the OEM/IPV ones - they need some vapers on the design team, better power reg, test and ship the firme ware with the board, better quality control, better battery care & power locking (some models it was big nasty oversight).

Evolve stuff is usually doing something new that matters, watch the pb videos of he's Evolv factory tour and you will see that John has spent his career designing power supply circuits. Features have to be important to get into a Evolv ROM, no frippery allowed and you have to admit the quality is top notch (excepting the lack of rbp on the DNAs). Like a good tool they are designed to do the job with min fuss and do it day in and day out.

Just my opinion YMMV.

A big factor for Evolv is for the new boards to be compatible with their customers existing DNA products and they have picked a power level that uses peak current draw of 22 A. A lot of 18650 DNA mods on the market, VTC5 in short supply, Efest over egging the battery capabilities. Going to 50 or 60 W would have broken some of their big customers designs like Zen and VaporShark or drained the battery much to fast.

Back
Top Bottom