What's new

Dna 40

I think the safely of the temp control is, apart from not burning your wick, is not evaporating your juice at high temperature where certain ingredients can, by all accounts, *tramsmogrificate into toxic substances. I don't recall what turns into what but that's my general understanding :)

*probably not a real word

I see your point still hard to tell whats dangerous at what temp.

You spelt it wrong :P

lol

My bad, I'll try again.. Tranzmoogrefaied

Oh and now autocorrect wants in on the action.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413052367.134114.jpg

So basically there are some studies being done at present which are pointing to glyercine (prop and veg) breaking down into some nasty stuff when heated to about 250c. I believe Evolv are saying this is one of the reasons for the temp monitoring.

Thinking of getting one and swapping the board out on my rDNA

Step down :)
Extra 10 watts
and it wont burn wicks if dry if I use nickel wire. That said my rDNA doesn't seem to burn the wicks on my Tobh running dual coils 1.7/8 ohms at 30 watts

The temperature monitoring seems like it's going to be a winning feature. Dr Farsalinos is soon to release a study on the effect temperature has on E-Liquid ingredients / Flavours, and as Brandon from Evolv mentioned in the Video once you get above the Boiling point of the Liquid you are using extra heat is not going to have a great deal of beneficial effect. It also seems that a side benefit is the end of burnt wicks and Harsh dry hits - By setting the limit at 400F then your coil will never get quite hot enough to char cotton but still hot enough to give good vapour.

It's going to seem a little odd running Nickel 200 wire in an atty and getting builds of 0.1 and 0.2 ohms but then again the DNA chip will take care of the power regulation...

I think I'll be looking at getting the latest Version of the Vaporshark when it comes out...:grin2:

doesnt excite me this watt game mods that have battery configurations that last longer on said watts would make the difference for me, that you dont need a weight lifters belt to hold your pants up.

chip tech > battery tech

right now sadly.

Back
Top Bottom