What's new

Review DRIP HACKS REVIEW - ONE SHOT CONCENTRATES

Rukaguy

Postman
Purchased: 10th June 2017, Arrived 15th of June 2017 as planned.

I was looking for a service that provided me with premium concentrates to make up. I have mixed for >4 years, so I prefer tweaking juice myself to get what I like. After reading about Drip Hacks concentrate range and discovering they had a full flavour profile card (MASSIVE plus) and a range that provided concentrates, the concentrate at the required percentage in 250ml, 500ml and 1L bottles - I thought this would be excellent, should they prove to have good flavours.

They have an excellent range of flavours in their MENU here.

Personally, I am a big fan of grape flavours, my ADV is Heisenberg and I like Doozy's blue and red range (fruity, some menthol flavours too).

I wanted to review these as 'out of the box' and made up, vaped immediately - even though they are best with specific steep times (mentioned in the menu on their site).

I used a 70/30 ratio with 4% nicotine PG. All from DarkStar Vapours.

I ordered: The CryoGrape, Purple Slush and Jotun's Revenge.
I vaped using both a SMOK Baby TFV8 coil AND a Peerless RDA with Flat Twisted Coils at 0.21 ohms at 74w.

CRYOGRAPE - clear slightly beige/orange colour, smells beautiful out of the bottle and when made up to the proper volume (250ml in my case) really smelt exactly the same - I couldn't smell the menthol off the bottle. Good few shakes and a very quick heat steep, I left for literally 10 minutes and vaped. It's gorgeous - I can taste grape immediately with a menthol that tickles your mouth and throat, yet isn't unpleasant or overpowering. It lives up to it's name. You are supposed to let it steep for 7 days, so if it's this good now, I am looking forward to my 1 week mark....

JOTUN'S WRATH - deep turquoise/green for some reason, smells of a beautiful citrus sweet. The mix of citrus and blueberry gives a very different initial smell. A quick steep as above, and on vape - it is a brilliant flavour - almost like 'Pink Haze' from Doozy's - probably because of the citrus. There's also a menthol kick to it, which really highlights the flavours.

PURPLE SLUSH - is... obviously... purple. It is black grape slush at it's finest and I really haven't had a better vape of its flavour since ecigwizard's 'Grape Escape' back in the day. It's deep and fresh.

I like DripHacks - their service was quick, the bottles are great, they come with a childproof cap, but ALSO a dispenser lid (I'll post a photo below) which I think is an excellent touch. The 'concentrate in a big bottle' method is a winner for me - you can buy smaller 50ml bottles of the concentrate then to replace what you've made in the original bottle; another good idea.

The concentrates are cheap for the 'whole kit' I think, and the total including shipping for the above was £28.80 for 150mls of concentrate that made 750ml of eliquid. I already have the nicotine and other supplies, but this seemed of good value, considering most premium juices are now vending at 10ml for £3-4+ ; particularly worrisome if you have RDA's or tanks which guzzle the juice (like me).

I would recommend them for the attention to detail in the flavours; these feel, look and vape like premium American liquids and I think there is a BIG place for them on the market now.

I'm heavy on the PRO's, but just for some cons: perhaps some will be put off the colouring in the eliquid no matter how natural, particularly ones like Jotun's wrath. There is also no current discount code for them for forum members, but maybe I've overlooked this - if there isn't one, this could be a real deal-sealer! I'd certainly commit to buying more.

TLDR - I will be buying more....

Has anyone else any experience of these juices? :-)

Made up juices... yum
20170615_122101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom