What's new

Dripdrop vs primevapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for falling for what was obviously a trolling thread.
Buy both. :)

2DBB6C5C-1868-48B6-96B4-5F6F9D946579.jpeg

I’ve stood at farmers markets and large shows and been told, very loudly and rudely, in front of customers that my stuff is a rip off and no different to the stuff you can buy in Asda for £3. I’ve been told it’s all bullshit and farmers do it to make money and rip people off. I’ve been told the bloke on the other stalls stuff is better than mine and had a woman turn round and tell the queue that my product tastes off and there’s something wrong with it. The list goes on.

Sadly when you’re in a trade that is flavour related you are dealing with peoples very personal and subjective likes and dislikes and not everyone can be pleased. It is gut wrenching to hear negative things said about the babies you have created. Many artisan makers are nuts and do it primarily for the love of what they do. If they can make money then that comes as a bonus and if they can go on to make a lot of money then that’s very very rare. With success comes a distancing from the maker to the product and with that the care and attention to detail becomes diluted. The intent may be there but the logistics mean you are no longer artisan and can no longer give your all to everything you make. It just can’t no matter what anyone tells you!

The fact Samantha got upset is exactly the right reaction you want from a maker, regardless of how big they are, because it means they still care! You work hard to make something and it is tiring and exhausting. We all want our suppliers to care and that’s what makes them special.

Now comparing a small artisan maker to a larger producer is difficult as they aren’t really in the same game. I believe that although they serve the same purpose they aim at different markets.

I love wagyu beef but I only have it once in a blue moon. I also love a Michelin restaurant but some I’ve eaten in have been ‘meh’ and some amazing. For me they are a treat. I also love a greasy spoon fry up made with cheap processed bacon and sausage and a sloshy cup of tea in a dirty mug.

The two liquids are very very different (from what I’ve tried personally). Both made to high standards and both made by people who genuinely care.

It’s tough getting criticism but it’s part of the territory. What matters is the strong customer base both suppliers and makrs have.

Good luck to you both.

Last edited:
I’ve stood at farmers markets and large shows and been told, very loudly and rudely, in front of customers that my stuff is a rip off and no different to the stuff you can buy in Asda for £3. I’ve been told it’s all bullshit and farmers do it to make money and rip people off. I’ve been told the bloke on the other stalls stuff is better than mine and had a woman turn round and tell the queue that my product tastes off and there’s something wrong with it. The list goes on.

Sadly when you’re in a trade that is flavour related you are dealing with peoples very personal and subjective likes and dislikes and not everyone can be pleased. It is gut wrenching to hear negative things said about the babies you have created. Many artisan makers are nuts and do it primarily for the love of what they do. If they can make money then that comes as a bonus and if they can go on to make a lot of money then that’s very very rare. With success comes a distancing from the maker to the product and with that the care and attention to detail becomes diluted. The intent may be there but the logistics mean you are no longer artisan and can no longer give your all to everything you make. It just can’t no matter anyone tells you!

The fact Samantha got upset is exactly the right reaction you want from a maker, regardless of how big they are, because it means they still care! You work hard to make something and it is tiring and exhausting. We all want our suppliers to care and that’s what makes them special.

Now comparing a small artisan maker to a larger producer is difficult as they aren’t really in the same game. I believe that although they serve the same purpose they aim at different markets.

I love wagyu beef but I only have it once in a blue moon. I also love a Michelin restaurant but some I’ve eaten in have been ‘meh’ and some amazing. For me they are a treat. I also love a greasy spoon fry up made with cheap processed bacon and sausage and a sloshy cup of tea in a dirty mug.

The two liquids are very very different (from what I’ve tried personally). Both made to high standards and both made by people who genuinely care.

It’s tough getting criticism but it’s part of the territory. What matters is the strong customer base both suppliers and makes have.

Good luck to you both.

Christ I started that post before my dinner and came back to it. Seems a bit out of place now

Sadly when you’re in a trade that is flavour related you are dealing with peoples very personal and subjective likes and dislikes and not everyone can be pleased. It is gut wrenching to hear negative things said about the babies you have created. Many artisan makers are nuts and do it primarily for the love of what they do. If they can make money then that comes as a bonus and if they can go on to make a lot of money then that’s very very rare. With success comes a distancing from the maker to the product and with that the care and attention to detail becomes diluted. The intent may be there but the logistics mean you are no longer artisan and can no longer give your all to everything you make. It just can’t no matter anyone tells you!

It’s tough getting criticism but it’s part of the territory. What matters is the strong customer base both suppliers and makes have.

Good luck to you both.

This is exactly why I don’t go to farmers markets...
I agree absolutely with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom