What's new

Eleaf iStick i80 Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20230104_131850950.jpg

Eleaf IStick i80 Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/eleaf-istick-i80-mod.html

I got a code to bring this down to $24.29 and it’s EIIM.

The iStick i80 is a 3000mah internal battery mod that goes up to 80w. It has 2amp fast charging and has an OLED, black and white screen that is big enough to show the data you need. It’s advertised as having a smart chip so you don’t need to set the wattage yourself. It has capabilities for TC as well. There is a version also available that would give you the Melo C tank but I went mod only here.

In the box you get:
1 Eleaf iStick i80 Mod
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Style wise it’s a nice compact device for an 80w mod. It’s not tiny by any means but is a decent size for the power it has. There are plastic panels on the sides and round the back of the metal body to give a bit of style to it and they are quite grippy. The mod is quite comfortable to hold and has the reassuring heft that I like as well. The USB C slot is at the bottom of the front of the mod so it can be charged standing up. It’ll take a 25mm tank easily but I reckon any bigger would see you having overhang. Branding is subtle enough with ELeaf printed in front of the 510 connector and iStick i80 on the bottom of the mod.

PXL_20230104_132053853.jpg

Function wise it surprised me. I was expecting a mod with just wattage only and maybe a smart mode. Just because it’s a compact little thing and is not showy at all. But this has it all, there are TC modes when you click three times. Ni, SS, Ti, then TCR M modes 1, 2 and 3. You can set VW and bypass mode here as well. If you click the fire and + buttons together there’s another menu that lets you set the preheat, set what parameters you want on screen (amp, puff time, voltage etc), set stealth mode, check the firmware version, check the voltage in the battery. It really has a lot of functions that I wasn’t expecting so I have been quite impressed. I know a lot don’t like internal battery mods but I’ve always had a soft spot for them and do find that Eleaf do some of the best

In use I have been using my Profile Unity with this as it is also blue. One thing that might annoy some people is that there a is tiny gap between the mod and the tank at the bottom. Maybe the Melo tank will have the right sized 510 pin, I don’t know, but my tank did have a tiny bit of a gap. I have also noticed that when you change the wattage and take the tank off the smart mode doesn’t reset when you put your tank back on, something I really like as that annoys the hell out of me with other ‘smart’ mods. I’ve also not noticed any battery sag when it’s low on power like some internal battery mods have.

In all the iStick i80 is a great little internal battery mod. It has all the functions that you’d need and a couple more that I did not expect. I do like the voltage checker for the battery. It doesn’t mean much to me but it is good that it’s there. This mod will be good for new vapers that want a decent mod and also suits folk like myself that just want to have a device for when I need to go out or have an extra mod charged up to swap over. It’ll be a good pub mod as well.

PXL_20230104_132016100.jpg

Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 304500

Eleaf IStick i80 Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/eleaf-istick-i80-mod.html

I got a code to bring this down to $24.29 and it’s EIIM.

The iStick i80 is a 3000mah internal battery mod that goes up to 80w. It has 2amp fast charging and has an OLED, black and white screen that is big enough to show the data you need. It’s advertised as having a smart chip so you don’t need to set the wattage yourself. It has capabilities for TC as well. There is a version also available that would give you the Melo C tank but I went mod only here.

In the box you get:
1 Eleaf iStick i80 Mod
1 USB Type-C Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card

Style wise it’s a nice compact device for an 80w mod. It’s not tiny by any means but is a decent size for the power it has. There are plastic panels on the sides and round the back of the metal body to give a bit of style to it and they are quite grippy. The mod is quite comfortable to hold and has the reassuring heft that I like as well. The USB C slot is at the bottom of the front of the mod so it can be charged standing up. It’ll take a 25mm tank easily but I reckon any bigger would see you having overhang. Branding is subtle enough with ELeaf printed in front of the 510 connector and iStick i80 on the bottom of the mod.

View attachment 304502

Function wise it surprised me. I was expecting a mod with just wattage only and maybe a smart mode. Just because it’s a compact little thing and is not showy at all. But this has it all, there are TC modes when you click three times. Ni, SS, Ti, then TCR M modes 1, 2 and 3. You can set VW and bypass mode here as well. If you click the fire and + buttons together there’s another menu that lets you set the preheat, set what parameters you want on screen (amp, puff time, voltage etc), set stealth mode, check the firmware version, check the voltage in the battery. It really has a lot of functions that I wasn’t expecting so I have been quite impressed. I know a lot don’t like internal battery mods but I’ve always had a soft spot for them and do find that Eleaf do some of the best

In use I have been using my Profile Unity with this as it is also blue. One thing that might annoy some people is that there a is tiny gap between the mod and the tank at the bottom. Maybe the Melo tank will have the right sized 510 pin, I don’t know, but my tank did have a tiny bit of a gap. I have also noticed that when you change the wattage and take the tank off the smart mode doesn’t reset when you put your tank back on, something I really like as that annoys the hell out of me with other ‘smart’ mods. I’ve also not noticed any battery sag when it’s low on power like some internal battery mods have.

In all the iStick i80 is a great little internal battery mod. It has all the functions that you’d need and a couple more that I did not expect. I do like the voltage checker for the battery. It doesn’t mean much to me but it is good that it’s there. This mod will be good for new vapers that want a decent mod and also suits folk like myself that just want to have a device for when I need to go out or have an extra mod charged up to swap over. It’ll be a good pub mod as well.

View attachment 304501
Good one @Gitchy

A good review for what sounds like a great little mod.
I`ve always had a great affection for the istick having done the majority of my early vaping on the 20 & 30, I still have a couple of istick rim in use every day and for outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom