What's new

Essential concentrates?

craggler58

Postman
I have just started out with DIY and currently limited myself to single flavour mixes. Minor successes (Jam Roly Poly-CW, GVC & Heisenblag) and horrible failures ( Cereal milk CW, Honey circles cereal FA). Time to branch out into multi-concentrate recipes. Just wondered what concentrates most people find useful/staples as its already getting a bit expensive. My flavour collection as of today is;

Bakewell Tart (CW)
Banana Nut Bread (PA)
Bavarian Cream (FA)
Berry Crunch (PA)
Brown Sugar (FA)
Butter Pecan (CW)
Captain Cereal (FA)
Cake Batter (Capella)
Cake (Yellow) (FW)
Cereal Milk (CW)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (PA)
Cinnamon Danish (PA)
Coffee Cake (MB)
Coffee Kona (FA)
Coffee Walnut (CW)
Cotton Candy (FA)
Dairy Milk (FA)
Dulce De Leche (Caramel) (PA)
Earl Grey Tea (FA)
Ethyl Maltol (CV)
French Vanilla Creme (FA)
French Vanilla (CC)
Graham Cracker (PA)
Green Tea (FA)
Hazelnut DX (PA)
Heisenblag (vapours-r-us.co.uk)
Honey Circles Cereal (FA)
Irish Coffee (DV)
Jam Roly Poly (CW)
Joy (Flavour Art)
Koolada (PA)
Lemon (PA)
Malted Milk (PA)
Marshmallow (PA)
Meringue (Flavour Art)
Orange Cream (PA)
Peaches & Cream (Capella)
Pecan (FA)
Pie Crust (FA)
Pistachio (PA)
Smooth (PA)
Strawberry (Ripe) (PA)
Sweet Cream (Capella)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Capella)
Vanilla Custard (Capella)
Waffle (Belgian) (PA)

All my homemade juices seem a bit harsh and peppery (mixing at @10mg nic) and looking for good, smooth dessert recipes. I would really like to learn how to use additives properly (Smooth, sweeteners, Ethyl Maltol, Joy etc.). There also doesn't seem to be many well reviewed coffee recipes available. My ADV is coffee hazelnut by Aerovape and looking to find recipes similar to this. Any tips would be gratefully received.

Peppery taste may be from your nic and if you're DTL I'd drop down to 6mg. In the space of a few months I'm down to 3mg DTL from 18mg MTL

Harsh and peppery? Are you steeping long enough, good quality nic?
I'd made a few batches using nic from one vendor, always had a harshness to it. Tried a different supplier for the nic, completely superior product.

Brown sugar (tpa)
Caramel Original (tpa)
Blood Orange (fw)
Sicilian Lemon (fa)
Fuji Apple (fa)

After initially buying VG based nic from Justvape247 I switched to PG based nic from Vapeinc (Diamond Mist). I have just ordered some more PG nic from DarkStar (this is getting very expensive) along with more VG. I think you are right about the harshness coming from too much nic but my last foray into lower nic juice (mole juice at 3mg and 0mg) just wasn't satisfying (not the flavour just lack of throat hit).

I have also started to use the Uwell Crown at 0.5Ohms (when it decides not to leak) more as opposed to the Subtank Mini at 0.5ohms which I think increases the throat hit (it certainly gobbles more juice).

The cereal milk (CW) still tastes like off milk after 2 and a half weeks. The Jam Roly Poly tasted great after just 2 weeks. I have been using the back massager method to accelerate steeping (video by slack in the how to's and guides section).

I always DTL with maximum airflow. That said I am starting to restrict the airflow on the Crown as I find it very airy compared to the Subtank. I have an Aromamizer on the way from Fasttech (ordered in early January WTF?) so hope this tank provides a happy medium.

I have bought Dulche du leche. Is this a valid substitute for caramel? Will order the Apple (FA) as this flavour seems pretty versatile.

Just been sent loads of reading material and look forward to better results in the future. Thanks for all the input.

If you haven't already looked, there's a recipe mega thread on here and another site I have just found is e-liquid-recipes.com. You can put in your flavours and it will bring up suitable recipes

Back
Top Bottom