What's new

eVic Mini Review

Thought it was time to read the instructions ;)

So hopefully have now switched off the 'Blessed' sleep mode :D

Also had a lookie at setting the MVR V/VW settings for use with RBA's - currently have me Ivy coiled at 2.1 O's - so set MVR VV to give me 5V's for 3 seconds and then 4.3 for the next 7 - still limited to 10 seconds cut off. Not a bad Vape ;)

No surprise that this delivers much better in 18650 mode then 18350 - tho still not bad even then. Any one else played with this yet perchance?
In 18650 mode, i do seem to have stumbled upon a great setting for the Ivy and can pre-set it for different Ohms too in case i swap atties!

Last edited:
Now that isn't working for me. I must be doing something wrong.

maybe mines just a bit funny or something then, it seems to work fine for me, to begin with i thought it might be a firmware bug with the earlier fw which just happened to be a little useful, but it was still there after the update to the latest so i assumed it was intended

Digicig

how do you mean it doesnt perform in 18350 mode, would you not recommend it? ive got 2 evics (one i ordered when i thought id lost my first but it was found) and after hearing about the shorter tubes i thought id get the shorter tube and an 18350 to use the spare evic as my portable/backup instead of the itaste (nothing wrong with the itaste, ive just gotten used to the thickness and heft of a bigger device) would you recommend selling the extra evic and getting another telescopic mod like a vamo or something for using smaller batteries rather than an 18350 in the evic? (really id like an itaste SVD but they arent out till about april)

It's not that it doesn't perform - it does ;)
The power available from an 18650 just means that it performs better than in 18350 mode - smoother, tho harder to explain then experience ;)
My 'carry round' option is at the mo the eVic in 18350 mode with an eVod or VapeOnly BCC. My staying in at home option would be the eVic with the Ivy Genesis on top using the VV MVR setting i describe - love the Ivy but wouldn't just throw it in me pocket or bag :D

hmm im undecided then, i do love the evic and ive found the siam mods tubes at pink mule but they have to come from some far off european land, if im honest id prefer the kir fanis telescopic but in any case im at a roadblock in my brain. do i:

A: buy the siam tubes and an 18350 battery
B: wait until i can get the kir fanis one (only found it at one site, gr-modders, which is out of stock)
C: spend pretty much the same money on a vamo body and battery (probably a bit more after charger but not enough to matter)
D: just deal with the full size one as i have been and wait for the itaste SVD

im probably going to get the SVD anyway, i just love the look of it, but from the info i can find its not likely to appear before april at least. and i still havent got around to getting my head around the genesis style attys yet, i have an aga-t2 but i only have enough mesh and kanthal for one more attempt at it and i havent got it down yet (think ive got the coil down just not the wick, dont think i oxidised my last mesh properly hence the really nasty taste)

EDIT

just found a german shop that has the kir fanis tubes in, just messaged them to see if theyll ship to the UK, theyre out of the telescopic but the 18350 will do me i think, the only worry is that the top cap looks like it sits fairly flush to the 510 connector so it may be that my kangers wont fit as they use the ego thread, guess i can always use the novas or wait for that new kanger pro to come out

Last edited:
if im honest the smiley cap was one of the things that kind of put me off the siam ones, call me a boring person if you will but its just not my cup of tea. ive been looking at the batteries on stealthvape for a bit now, cant help but want that 3400mah one even though my current stock 2600mah lasts pretty much 2 days! (i havent as im trying to stop myself buying so much stuff, at least until next pay day anyway but we will see if i manage to hold out that long!)

heres the kir fanis one:

fanis.jpg
kirbottom.jpg

just got an email from the shop with them, they dont ship to UK :(

Bummer about not shipping to the UK - this thread on UKV suggests that they do tho? Dies look tho ;)
And if thee are a member of UKV thee can send thescot from Siam mods a PM - sure i saw a pic of plain end caps too.

ah the reply i got just told me to ask kir fanis directly but couldnt seem to find any contact info. maybe i should look into how much it would cost to get a nice set of tubes made, its only tubing and engraving at the end of the day, maybe i should give the dimensions i want to a local engineering company to see what it might cost or even just have the original tube shortened and re-threaded then get it painted/engraved/polished

The eVic head works on Joye eGo mod tubes - and i believe they do an 18350 tube for that - just can't see to find them :huh:

Back
Top Bottom