What's new

Exocet leak

Did you stuff some of the wick legs back into the slot? if you leave the legs loose it will leak, same goes for the standard RBA.

I'm assuming you are using 50/50 juice (perhaps wrongly) with the 1.8ohm mtl build...
What I found with the Exo is that it is one of the most reliable rta's out though it shines with a super tight wick. Jam that sucker in until you have to hold the coil back (more than you would with an ordinary build).
The second thing to do is leave a lil extra cotton hanging out the chamber. Touching the boro side walls is fine and will not slow down wicking. It also goes without saying to make sure you've lubed up those orings a press fitted the rta firmly into the boro.
I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but found these simple steps to work VERY well for me. As a plus, I get ZERO condensation and no leaking even when I've left it on it's side for a couple of hours. It's my all day driver with a 1.2mm reducer [emoji3]
All the best
Ash

Ps. 1.4mm reducer would be perfect if you like the k3. I opted for a tighter 1.2mm after 6 months of the former [emoji869]

I'm assuming you are using 50/50 juice (perhaps wrongly) with the 1.8ohm mtl build...
What I found with the Exo is that it is one of the most reliable rta's out though it shines with a super tight wick. Jam that sucker in until you have to hold the coil back (more than you would with an ordinary build).
The second thing to do is leave a lil extra cotton hanging out the chamber. Touching the boro side walls is fine and will not slow down wicking. It also goes without saying to make sure you've lubed up those orings a press fitted the rta firmly into the boro.
I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but found these simple steps to work VERY well for me. As a plus, I get ZERO condensation and no leaking even when I've left it on it's side for a couple of hours. It's my all day driver with a 1.2mm reducer [emoji3]
All the best
Ash
Thanks for the info. Yes close to 5050. I don't get on with heavier VG juice. My wick wasn't super tight and could have used a thicker one. I did lube the main window o-ring but not the ones at the end. I'll correct all of this and try again.

Good info on the Exocet guys. Will have to dig mine out and give it a go

I got the vapeshell and Exocet last week, so still learning at the moment, much better advice here already than I could give as not 100% sure the best way to set it up yet, I can say tho I built the vapeshell first out of the 2 and first build and wick worked well, no leaking, first time build in the Exocet yesterday, 2 builds and 4 attempts at wicking and so far it’s been a nightmare (still not giving up)...
Hopefully you get better results with the vapeshell too, you will get a tighter draw with the vapeshell with smallest included reducer than the Exocet....

I got the vapeshell and Exocet last week, so still learning at the moment, much better advice here already than I could give as not 100% sure the best way to set it up yet, I can say tho I built the vapeshell first out of the 2 and first build and wick worked well, no leaking, first time build in the Exocet yesterday, 2 builds and 4 attempts at wicking and so far it’s been a nightmare (still not giving up)...
Hopefully you get better results with the vapeshell too, you will get a tighter draw with the vapeshell with smallest included reducer than the Exocet....
From your experience the vapeshell sounds like something I'd prefer. I can just about do a lose MTL draw with the Exocet but it's natural draw tends towards a restricted DTL. Interesting you're having build problems with the Exocet bodes well for the vapeshell I think. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put a quick build in it when I get it tomorrow.

@ashf1983 sums the Exocet up really well. NEVER be afraid of leaving quite a long wick tail on each side. I have been doing that for the last 12 months at least and have found that I have never had any issues and yes, the condensation is greatly reduced. I have an Exo built in my SXK BB and have a Vape Shell in my authentic. I did this after all the talk about Exo v Vape Shell just to remind myself what the differences were :)
I don't use reducers in the Exo, never have, I love it straight out of the box. With the Vape Shell I have always used the second largest as a matter of course.

Back
Top Bottom