What's new

Explosive underwater shot wins Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be scared of Brazilian wandering spiders. They're actually very placid and are rarely aggressive, even when provoked. :lol1:

Apparently, they're not the deadliest because they don't kill the most people, but their venom is the deadliest spider venom in the world. :22:

No need to be scared of Brazilian wandering spiders. They're actually very placid and are rarely aggressive, even if provoked. Allegedly they're not the deadliest because they don't kill the most people but their venom is the deadliest spider venom in the world. :22:

Not my idea of playtime.

A spider (looks like a giant house spider to me like @Simon G found in his bath but could be wrong. They're huge tho) and its spiderlings. Obviously, the structure is small and not human sized.
Id say its an Australian huntsman .. fairly harmless ... its a great shot ... it will be a bird box or something ... they are big though ... but not human big :)

Id say its an Australian huntsman .. fairly harmless ... its a great shot ... it will be a bird box or something ... they are big though ... but not human big :)
Yeah, I always think of the huntsman when I see gigantic house spiders. Shocking how similar harmless and deadly spiders can look. It's defo a Brazilian wandering spider tho. Deadliest spider venom in the world apparently. With a gazillion babies. Under someone's bed. :17:

Last edited:
Not my idea of playtime.
Like the way he sez "it's just afraid of me" before promptly dropping the shoe as soon as it latches on. :lol1:

That spider doesn't look very afraid to me. :18:

Last edited:
I now keep reading this thread title as 'Explosive underwear shot ...........'. :28:

And people don't like finding harmless house spiders. Imagine having to worry about a random Brazilian wandering spider popping in unannounced. Time to emigrate, me thinks. :28:

Siena international photo awards...

“Green Light Forest” by Taiwanese photographer Shirley Wung won the “The Beauty of Nature” category. Shot in Wufeng, Taiwan, it captures a mountain path in the middle of a forest, illuminated by a multitude of sparkling fireflies that give the landscape a fairy-tale atmosphere.

185706.jpg

Last edited:
Indian photographer Lopamudra Talukdar won the first prize in the “Street Photography” category with the image “Childhood.” It shows children in Havana enjoying themselves by playing in the open air in their homes’ courtyards.

181041.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom