What's new

Famovape Magma AIO Pod Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... roll up...

Hello.my fellow vape Apes,
Today we have a review of the Famovape magma AIO kit.
This was very kindly sent to me from Wade at Famovape.

As always these thoughts are my own and not associated with anyone else, nor have I been paid for my review.

Little bit about Famovape...

"Famovape was created with the sole intention of producing truly exceptional vaping devices and to help people become part of the growing industry that is vaping as well as meeting the people involved and the amazing social connection. With our founders’ extensive knowledge on the production and manufacturer of vaping devices, Famovape was born."

They also pride themselves on exceptional quality of products, proficient team members and outstanding customer care. In the short space of time I've got to know them I can fully agree with all these points.

Let's crack on with the review..

20210201_130022.jpg

Little bit about the device...

This Famovape Magma AIO kit stands out from other pods by the chic & unique design, it's thin and shiny like a smart phone. Contrary to the small size of the Magma AIO Pod, it still creates large clouds and unparallel flavor.
So let's take a look into the device and see if famovape description is a fair one.

This product comes in 6 different colours, I recieved the dark blue version and a spare pack of 0.4ohm coils.

20210201_125243.jpg

In the box....

• 1x Magma AIO Pod System

• 1x Magma AIO Pod

• 1x 0.4ohm Coil (Best between 15-40w)

• 1x 1.2ohm Coil (Best between 8-15w)

• 1x Usb Type C Charging cable

• 1x User Manual

20210129_101819.jpg

Specs....

• 900MaH internal battery

• 2ml pod capacity

• 0.69" Oled screen

• Type C fast usb charging

• Resistance range 0.4ohm to 1.2ohm

• Power range 5-40W

• Adjustable Airlfow

• 360° rotating drip tip

20210201_125228.jpg

The Device...

Famovape have designed this to look and feel like a smart phone, if I'm honest they havent done a bad job. Straight away the device feels great, it's got a nice weight to it and I think it looks stunning. It's made from durable glass on either sides held together by a silver metal edge.

20210129_114252.jpg
20210129_114246.jpg

The device itself is a credit card sized pod device, it can fire up to 40W and caters for MTL and DL vapers. The wattage allows you go up in .1 incriments meaning you can fine tune your vape which i think is great as .1 can make a big difference to a quality of vape. It has a small led screen on the front of the device which when not in use blends in with the device meaning you cant see it until you press the fire button which is very smart.

20210129_133154.jpg

The 0.69 oled screen shows you the usual wattage, battery life, resistance of coil and voltage. 3 clicks of the fire button locks the wattage but you're still able to fire the device, if you press the up and down button together it flips the screen around.
It also houses a 900MaH battery which is supported by usb type C fast charging, the device charges in just under an hour from 0% meaning, if you're running low on battery you wont have to wait long for it to charge although this hasnt been a problem with the 1.2 coil as running it at 12.5W, the battery is more than large enough although running the 0.4ohm coil at wattages above 25/30W be expecting to charge this device alot more often.

20210129_103948.jpg

The device also houses the smart chip which when the coil is installed in the pod and you place the pod into the device it automatically sets it to the best reccomended wattage for that coil which is a great feature especially for a new vaper who may not know what there wattage levels were and hadn't checked prior to installing.

On the bottom of where the pod clips in there is an attached airflow ring, it gives the option of a tight MTL draw (fully closed) or a RDL/DL vape (fully open).
I've found that with the airlfow fully closed you can get a really good tight MTL draw with lots of flavour. Fully open at 35/40W it's as good as a sub ohm tank.

20210201_125120.jpg
Airflow fully closed
20210201_125052.jpg
Airflow fully open

Pod....

The pod is one of the most interesting designs I've seen it's a T shaped tinted pod, I've separated it into 2 parts, the coil chamber and the juice chamber. Both of which hold the liquid but the coil chamber you can see when holding the device and the juice chamber holds the other 1.5ml of juice inside the device. This is a very unique design which has made it possible for famovape to make this such a smart, small, thin device.

20210129_102344.jpg

It has a silicone plug filling port which I'm not a fan of but on a device this small theres not much else that would work on a device this small saying that this has been one of the easiest ones to open with a gap just underneath to get a grip on it.

There are are 2 arrows that need matching up when inserting the coil into the pod, one on the pod and one on the coil, once these are lined up simply press in and it will click into place this is a leak proof design and so far I've had no leaking issues from under the pod or coil.

20210129_102159.jpg

Another cool feature of the pod is the 360° turning drip tip which makes it easier to suit whatever way you feel comfortable vaping the device, with it being so small and compact I found vaping it sideways the easiest way but you can also vape it flat towards you.

20210201_125036.jpg
Flat towards you
20210201_125027.jpg
Sideways

Coils....

The device comes with 2 coils a 1.2MTL coil rated 8-15W and a 0.4ohm mesh coil rated 15-40W. I've been using both coils and not experienced any dry hits or drop in flavour which is great.

With all these pod kits claiming to be MTL and it never being right I started with the 1.2ohm to see if Famovape could achieve something many others havent of late.
I primed the coil and filled the pod with some dinner lady lemon tart and let it sit for a good 10 minutes whilst my missis sent me to get nappy and baby milk for the 100th in a week I'm sure!!
Anyways I got back made myself a cuppa and started this little stunner on 8W with the airflow half open so I knew what I was working with, straight away the flavour was there, but to much air so I closed the airflow down to almost fully closed and moved the wattage to 12.5w.. WOW the flavour is absolutely fantastic for such a small little device it's on point. I have since found myself with the airflow fully closed and 13W has been my go to for my every day use of a MTL device with the battery lasting a day and half/2 days for my usage.

Moving on to the 0.4ohm coil same as always I primed it and left it for a good 10 minutes, i used zeus black reloaded as my go to testing juice as normal and started on 15W it felt abit muted but once you hit 20w the flavour really starts to come alive but the higher you go the better the vape gets a mixture between warmth and airyness in such a little device is a real treat. For this I left the airlfow fully opening running it at 35W and it's a cracker. Although with a 900 MaH battery life you are charging it alot more and using this all day as a DL device I was charging it twice a day at least.

Pros and Niggles....

• Great looking device
• Excellent build quality
• Amazing flavour
• Easy to carry
• Adjustable airflow
• Easy to use
• Fast charging
• Ideal stealth vape
• Great price

Niggles...

• Where it's so slim it cant stand up
• Battery life on DL coil isnt great

Overall thoughts....

Well guys from my pros and Niggles Niggles can tell just how much I really like this device, for me as a MTL device it's one of my favourites, its easy to carry, produces great flavour and running it at 12.5W battery life is fantastic. The device is amazing to hold and look at really is a lovely small pod device.
For around the house using the 0.4ohm coil is perfect as your be near a charger, it produces great flavour and impressive clouds for a small pod. But for me whether you're a beginner or a veteran vaper looking for a stock coil MTL vape this is fantastic, and a device I would fully reccomend.
20210129_103948.jpg

I'd like to thank Wade and Famovape once again for giving the opportunity to test this product and thank you all for reading

Sam The Vaping Gardner
20210123_231845.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Sam aka Vaping Gardener!

Great review as always, very interesting. I think i will put this on my list to buy. Sounds like its perfect for mtl and the battery is very good.

I hardly buy anything other than coils, juice and replacement pods so might treat myself for once to an actual device! Oooh!

If u like it i think i will too im sure.

Cheers love, hope baby is well and wifey too

Dee x

Hey Sam aka Vaping Gardener!

Great review as always, very interesting. I think i will put this on my list to buy. Sounds like its perfect for mtl and the battery is very good.

I hardly buy anything other than coils, juice and replacement pods so might treat myself for once to an actual device! Oooh!

If u like it i think i will too im sure.

Cheers love, hope baby is well and wifey too

Dee x
Hey !
Thank you:)
Yeah I'm really enjoying it for MTL it's a great device really smart and easy and discreet

Yeah treat yourself it will be fully deserved!
Sam
X

Nice review Sam. I wondered how they'd keep it small with the juice capacity so I like the way they've solved that problem with the unique pod shape.

I also like how it can do both MTL and RDL/DL, not a lot of pods have managed to pull that off and usually swerve to one or the other.

Good review Sam, I've been using one for about a week now. The mtl vape from it is really good but what really surprised me was the quality of the dtl. Lots of vapour and tons of flavour, however I only managed to get through a pod and a half of eliquid from a full charge. I guess this is to be expected with such a small battery but still leaves the device ok for a walk in the forest or along the beach. I reckon for dedicated mtl vapers it's a cracking little pod [emoji1303]

Nice review Sam. I wondered how they'd keep it small with the juice capacity so I like the way they've solved that problem with the unique pod shape.

I also like how it can do both MTL and RDL/DL, not a lot of pods have managed to pull that off and usually swerve to one or the other.
Thank you mate! It's very unique and exactly a pod device that does MTL weol finally ahha

Good review Sam, I've been using one for about a week now. The mtl vape from it is really good but what really surprised me was the quality of the dtl. Lots of vapour and tons of flavour, however I only managed to get through a pod and a half of eliquid from a full charge. I guess this is to be expected with such a small battery but still leaves the device ok for a walk in the forest or along the beach. I reckon for dedicated mtl vapers it's a cracking little pod [emoji1303]
Cheers mate! Yeah I would 100% aim it at MTL vapers but ti have the option for both and for both to be decent is very good indeed!
The flavour is very good for a little device indeed mate

Thanks for the review Sam. I don't really need another pod device, but it does sound tempting.

Back
Top Bottom