What's new

FDA Holds Major Hearing in US 17th Dec 2012

Yeah its run on Adobe Conference I think....

Theyre talking about NRT and using them flexibly and being able to regularly use them at adult discretion...

But Rectal NRT? LOL eff that!

They are moving onto reduction increases motivation to fully quit nicotine....

And how people on gum and inhalator's, didnt have motivation to quit. But that NRT allows people to ascertain that NRT "DOES WORK" and can facilitate motivation.

Yeah its run on Adobe Conference I think....

Theyre talking about NRT and using them flexibly and being able to regularly use them at adult discretion...

But Rectal NRT? LOL eff that!

They are moving onto reduction increases motivation to fully quit nicotine....

And how people on gum and inhalator's, didnt have motivation to quit. But that NRT allows people to ascertain that NRT "DOES WORK" and can facilitate motivation.
No one is stuffing anything up there lol

Note the 'can'. Pity that the actual long term success rate of NRT is so dire. A more cynical sort might think that they're BSing. (ahem) ;)

My own viewpoints on this are:

1: Reduction is never the end goal... for the anti smoking lobby. Actual smokers might have a different outlook.

2: Smokers might feel more motivated if they weren't demonised and bullied into quit attempts using ineffective methods.

3: Again, this is the viewpoint of the anti smoking lobby..smokers themselves may disagree. In fact, if a smoker isn't getting enough nic they may become quite anxious/inattentive/short tempered and think 'screw this, I'm going back to 20 a day'.... which would change motivation to quit...negatively.

4: This is largely dependant on the person using the NRT. If someone is using an inhalator or spray, they might well feel the need to increase their nicotine intake to combat the withdrawal effects.

Yet again, the anti smoking lobby makes broad, sweeping assumptions. They quote sources for their references but I wonder how often they actually engage directly with the smokers that they vilify and so desperately want to control...to$$ers.

/rant mode off.<ahem></ahem>

Back
Top Bottom