What's new

Finally!

Unfortunately I never even managed to take off my bike gear or put my helmet down, I had a full change of clothes in my bag that i hoped I could get changed into and wander more comfortably but it was so busy that I didnt want to risk putting my lid down and having it damaged. If any of you spoke to me though (big bloke with skinhead and spike styled facial hair carrying a helmet and in Alpinestars Goretex bike kit) Hi!

When I finally got out the queues for the bits I wanted I did look around for POTV hoodies but didn't really see any, it might have been you had left for your pub lunch by then. I did briefly say hi to Andy and Julie of the vapourmists from the end of a table on arrival but other than that it was just whoever was around me in queues.

Well i would have taken a lot more @Purplefowler, but there were just so many people there, (well you know that :)), it was just manic! I was hoping to get there really early, but my wife took ages to get ready and we didn't leave the house until just after 9am, i was thinking of leaving more like 8am, but we don't live too far from Tamworth so it didn't take us long to get there, we arrived at around 9:45am, and as you can see by the pics, the queues were huge. The guy at the top of the car park was turning all the cars away because there were no parking spaces, we managed to park on a little piece of grass at the top end of the car park and then joined the queue. I think i took around half an hour before we got into vapefest itself. Like i sadi before, it was a bit overwhelming really, being a vapefest virgin. Just so many people, especially when you're not used to being in that sort of environment. I spend most of my time at home looking after my wife, we don't go out much due to her not being able to walk very far. As well as physically not being able to get to POTV members, i think a part of me was a bit apprehensive about approaching people and saying "hiya i'm yoda1970!" and being greeted with a blank expression lol.
It was pretty overwhelming for us too. It was my first vapefest and I was boggled by the sheer amount of people. I was in my element though once I'd got over the shock of it-so much shopping :D make sure next time you come and say hello though :)

@yoda1970 We had so many people coming up to us and introducing themselves, it would have been great to meet you!

I was walking around aimlessly and had people stopping to grab me and ask if I was KMS and thanking me ( I forgot some of your names! sorry!!) it was quite overwhelming for me if I'm honest!! I introduced myself to Prof Beard and I'd only ever met him on the forums :P I even grabbed the vice chair from ECCA to introduce myself :P having chatted with him loads on Skype :D

Oh and meeting Safercigs was pretty much another highlight of my day! I've spoke with him on the phone, skype, facebook, the forums, and finally being able to give him a hug was great! I was kind of star struck by some of the people I'd only ever knew by forum name!

I was great catching up with the POTV gang & it was also nice to catch up with some of the original Vapefest 2011 Russian roulette gang ( Fynger, DaveK, Psycho) and I must say it was a change to remain sober this year :-)

Last edited:
@KMS looking back now, i wish i'd been a bit more up front and said hi to everybody with a POTV hoodie or t-shirt on, but thats in the past now, its too late. On another note, there was a bit of advice on VTTV in the days leading up to vapefest where they mentioned name badges on the UK Vapefest website and that people should print them out and wear them so people would know each other. Now, me and my wife printed 2 out and filled them in with our names, i put my name and where i was from, i also put my forum names, yoda1970 and prodart501 which i'm known as on other forums, but from what we could see hardly anybody else was wearing them! so after about half an hour of feeling stupid we took them off lol :)

Mine was printed on my left breast of my fleece I'm know on or forums by my handle
:-)

Back
Top Bottom