What's new

First DIY Juice tastes yuk! Help.

Tallman

Initiate
Yesterday I bought my first DIY Juice kit. Just jam raspberry is one of my fave vapes so was chuffed to see a concentrate on sale. The kit is basic so thought I'd try it. 90mls of VG. 30 ml concentrate. 8 X 10 ml NIC shots, strength 15 for a 6mg 200mls juice. As in the pics. The guy in shop put it all together for me. Tried it. Ummmm! It's dry, slightly throaty hit with no flavour. I've changed my coil and still the same. It does say leave it for a few days so I'm still hopeful but any have any advice, seems like a lot of nicotine in there?? Pics show the guidelines I followed. Same settings for vaping that's I do with the ready mix stuff so should be the same? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_112114.jpg
    IMG_20190922_112114.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20190922_112058.jpg
    IMG_20190922_112058.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 188
Leave it a few days and try again. If you've just had it mixed then it's probably needing a good shake and left to settle.

Yesterday I bought my first DIY Juice kit. Just jam raspberry is one of my fave vapes so was chuffed to see a concentrate on sale. The kit is basic so thought I'd try it. 90mls of VG. 30 ml concentrate. 8 X 10 ml NIC shots, strength 15 for a 6mg 200mls juice. As in the pics. The guy in shop put it all together for me. Tried it. Ummmm! It's dry, slightly throaty hit with no flavour. I've changed my coil and still the same. It does say leave it for a few days so I'm still hopeful but any have any advice, seems like a lot of nicotine in there?? Pics show the guidelines I followed. Same settings for vaping that's I do with the ready mix stuff so should be the same? Thanks

All checks out @ 6mg nicotine & 15% flavouring...

80 x 15mg out of 200 is 2.5
so 15mg divided by 2.5 = 6mg (or 6 x 2.5 = 15)

15% of 200 = 30, or 200 x 0.15 = 30ml on the flavouring
(yup I concur, you don't want to go nutz imho)

The only question is what the final VG/PG ratio is....
30ml flavour was likely PG based so that is about a 15% figure to ratio on PG
you added 90ml VG so that is 45% figure to ratio on VG

question is what was the nic shots - 50/50 or 100% VG or 100% PG

So you got a 45 VG & say a 15 PG making 60 - leaves 40 unknown

if 50/50 nic shot then that makes something like 65VG 35PG
if 100% either way then that could mean 45VG 55PG to 85VG to 15PG

tbh it probably doesn't matter THAT much unless you using max VG like label says
& you are trying to run it on MTL e-cig pen/pod struggling to wick from the thick juice

If the guy used 100% VG nic shot like label suggests Max VG then at about 85 VG in some setups
well that could be where the issue might lie in a MTL setup - probably fine for a dripper but not MTL

Shake like fuck, keep shaking, leave it a few days and try again

some flavours are more concentrated than others - dunno about the jam
but think if it is ultra high VG that could play a part in you just not feeling it
yes steeping improves flavour but it should be vape-able as is I would have thought

well that is my two cents

All diy eliquid needs to steep before it it reaches it's best.
Depending on whether it is fruit, bakery, custard or tobacco flavour the steeping time will vary.
Fruits need the least time and custards and tobacco the longest.
I steep all my tobacco mixes for 3 months before use.
Stick your mix in a drawer and forget about it for at least a week would be my advice.

I leave most of my berry mixes for a month, some a few weeks. Have one with FA juicy strawberry that tastes weird under a month. Tastes best after 2! Vaping it right now, mixed 3 months ago.

Understand some flavours require a steep, but should still taste SOMETHING prior to a steep.
Just thinking if your literally getting sod all flavour, either a) vapers tongue or b) the flavour concentrate is a dud maybe?

All checks out @ 6mg nicotine & 15% flavouring...

80 x 15mg out of 200 is 2.5
so 15mg divided by 2.5 = 6mg (or 6 x 2.5 = 15)

15% of 200 = 30, or 200 x 0.15 = 30ml on the flavouring
(yup I concur, you don't want to go nutz imho)

The only question is what the final VG/PG ratio is....
30ml flavour was likely PG based so that is about a 15% figure to ratio on PG
you added 90ml VG so that is 45% figure to ratio on VG

question is what was the nic shots - 50/50 or 100% VG or 100% PG

So you got a 45 VG & say a 15 PG making 60 - leaves 40 unknown

if 50/50 nic shot then that makes something like 65VG 35PG
if 100% either way then that could mean 45VG 55PG to 85VG to 15PG

tbh it probably doesn't matter THAT much unless you using max VG like label says
& you are trying to run it on MTL e-cig pen/pod struggling to wick from the thick juice

If the guy used 100% VG nic shot like label suggests Max VG then at about 85 VG in some setups
well that could be where the issue might lie in a MTL setup - probably fine for a dripper but not MTL

Shake like fuck, keep shaking, leave it a few days and try again

some flavours are more concentrated than others - dunno about the jam
but think if it is ultra high VG that could play a part in you just not feeling it
yes steeping improves flavour but it should be vape-able as is I would have thought

well that is my two cents
Thanks for taking the time to do do the math and reply so detailed - just the ticket! The NIC shots should be VG to make a 80-20mix but doesn't say on the bottle. Hoping he hasn't made a mistake. I'll steep and try again. Thanks again

Thanks all. Seems like steeping is the answer. I will lock away and try again. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom