What's new

First Squonk Setup

My only problem with my topside dual is size. It’s a big’un.
Workforce Dyadic are my daily cos it’s a lot smaller and lovely finish (ie grippy) Not as leaky. (This is minimal but still there on topside especially if left for a few days)
Chip is not as good. Capacity not as good. Fill method not as good as topside.

Are squonks a bit leaky in general then?

not too fussed on size, this is gonna be a stay at home mod but will check out the dyadic.

thanks

not too fussed on size, this is gonna be a stay at home mod but will check out the dyadic.

thanks
Haven't noticed any leaks with my topside. Most dual cell squonk mods are fairly large simply due to the fact that they need space to house two cells and a bottle. The filling method on the topside is ace though, just unscrew the cap, fill the bottle and replace the cap. None of that fiddly taking the bottle out, unscrewing the top, filling it, putting the cap back on without squeezing liquid out and then replacing the bottle in the mod. And the topside bottles hold 10ml as opposed to the 7-8 ml in most other bottles.

Haven't noticed any leaks with my topside. Most dual cell squonk mods are fairly large simply due to the fact that they need space to house two cells and a bottle. The filling method on the topside is ace though, just unscrew the cap, fill the bottle and replace the cap. None of that fiddly taking the bottle out, unscrewing the top, filling it, putting the cap back on without squeezing liquid out and then replacing the bottle in the mod. And the topside bottles hold 10ml as opposed to the 7-8 ml in most other bottles.

Ta. I do like the look of the filling bottle/mechanism on the topside.

not too fussed on size,

thanks

then, topside dual really is a no brainier. Purchase with confidence.
Sqounks are more messy than tanks. But familiarity withe the RDA/mod set up you are using, you quickly get used to how much to squeeze. At first I carried a wee packet of tissues. Well my better half did and she knew what the term “over sqouned” meant. Teething problems. No more. Certainly no more than having to fill a small capacity tank when you are out and about. (Out and about, so 2019) Vaping convenience is capacity. Enjoy.

I'd recommend the topside, just the faff of filling is removed with this squonker, holds 10ml, ive had my topside single with 21700 batteries in it, had it 2 years this Xmas and never missed a beat, run it with the profile rdta in squonk mode (without the tank) and its great, I also have the lost vape drone, great device but filling is a bit of PITA and holds 7 or 8ml i think, both running the profile above, I am keeping my eye out and if I spot a dual topside for a bargain will buy one, the topside single although a heavy unit is a bit more pocket friendly and use it in the car etc, great mods the topsides though

Thanks for the advice. Size isn’t really an issue, it’s likely to be something I use at home or when out but not bothered by the bulk.

@Cozy - the best price I’ve found so far is from sourcemore but it’s a pre-order price (£48ish) and then 8% forum discount so around £43 if you can wait. Otherwise it’s about £60 at the moment but colour options are limited - legion of vapers seems to have the widest options in stock.

I’m undecided on which one to go for. Part of me wants to go for some lairy colour combo and then the other part thinks a black number would be better.

Thanks for the advice. Size isn’t really an issue, it’s likely to be something I use at home or when out but not bothered by the bulk.

@Cozy - the best price I’ve found so far is from sourcemore but it’s a pre-order price (£48ish) and then 8% forum discount so around £43 if you can wait. Otherwise it’s about £60 at the moment but colour options are limited - legion of vapers seems to have the widest options in stock.

I’m undecided on which one to go for. Part of me wants to go for some lairy colour combo and then the other part thinks a black number would be better.
Cheapest I can find in uk is around the 60quid mark if you're after the dual

https://ukvapekings.com/product/dovpo-topside-dual-200w-squonk-box-mod/

Shows stock levels of each colour

Shame just missed out on bf deals, could of been had for around the £52 mark

Suspect you will find with sourcemore if its saying preorder being an older device i suspect they won't be getting it back in stock

Legion of vapers only showing the single battery 90w topside not the dual

Yeah also own the Drone and the topside, love both .. but the topside is the best every day vape you can get for that money. What ever you do don't even think about looking at the VV Pulse V2 ... ohh man thats some poor QC I have been seeing.

Also one people often overlook is the VTINBOX , if you can find one on offer it is a sturdy work horse and DNA75 to boot.. but BTH for a first squonk I would deffo start with the topside.

Back
Top Bottom