What's new

Flying with vape gear ?

I am in Spain now. Flew out from bristol last Friday on ryanair. Their website was totally contradictory to what the woman at check in told me. I had to remove ALL of my juice from my cases and put them in hand luggage because they class it as a flammable liquid. I left home with a 30ml in my hand luggage and 200ml in my case along with my batteries and charger. Had to take it all out of the case.

I am in Spain now. Flew out from bristol last Friday on ryanair. Their website was totally contradictory to what the woman at check in told me. I had to remove ALL of my juice from my cases and put them in hand luggage because they class it as a flammable liquid. I left home with a 30ml in my hand luggage and 200ml in my case along with my batteries and charger. Had to take it all out of the case.

Well I looks like I'll have to give them a call to find out what is the best way. Did u have all ur liquid in plastic bottles which were in ur suitcase?

worth noting.... empty your tanks before the flight. Due to the pressure change when up in the air, it can force all the juice out through the coil, making a right mess.

worth noting.... empty your tanks before the flight. Due to the pressure change when up in the air, it can force all the juice out through the coil, making a right mess.

Thanks mate I'll make sure I empty it Jst in case.

I flew to Greece and back in May, I took 2 mods and 2 tanks, one in hand luggage, one in pocket. 4 50ml bottles of liquid in a wee bag in hand luggage. No problems. Like somebody else mentioned, best to empty your tanks.

Thanks mate I'll make sure I empty it Jst in case.

definitely do, it makes life so much easier the other end after a long flight, and you just really want a vape. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

I tend to try and fill the tank only as much as i will need to get me to the airport and before I go through, if there's any left I get rid of it.

a friend tried turning his upside down in his bag, so the juice was away from the coil... But so hard to keep it up the right way, and didn't work for him.

Wouldnt just opening up your tank/unscrewing the topcap abit during takeoff and landing prevent leaking? Unless your hands are too busy

Well I looks like I'll have to give them a call to find out what is the best way. Did u have all ur liquid in plastic bottles which were in ur suitcase?
All my bottles were in clear plastic bottles in my case and I was told to get em out due to ryanair classing eliquid as flammable.
And as a side note, my obs engine didn't leak (top airflow) but my missus subtank dumped the whole lot out of the bottom airflow slits.

Also if flying with kids, think twice before letting them spend their pocket money on die cast metal cap guns and putting them in their hand luggage. When the bag went through the machine, the xray lit up like an xmas tree, the Spanish policia swarmed and were less than impressed [emoji15]

All my bottles were in clear plastic bottles in my case and I was told to get em out due to ryanair classing eliquid as flammable.
And as a side note, my obs engine didn't leak (top airflow) but my missus subtank dumped the whole lot out of the bottom airflow slits.

Also if flying with kids, think twice before letting them spend their pocket money on die cast metal cap guns and putting them in their hand luggage. When the bag went through the machine, the xray lit up like an xmas tree, the Spanish policia swarmed and were less than impressed [emoji15]

That sounds like the it was a interesting 5 minutes try to talk ur self out of that one

Thanks everyone for there help [emoji106]got all my stuff over there with no problems at all

Back
Top Bottom