What's new

For the Love of Nautilus

IMG_1418.JPG
I love the Nautilus ..... using one for the first time a couple of months after I started vaping was probably the moment vaping really 'clicked' with me and I realised that I wasn't going back to smoking this time. .... and even after all this time I still think the original 1.8 ohm is the best MTL stock coil ever made.

.... as a side note my best mate has my 2 Nautilus X's and he absolutely loves them, it's all he uses but he never really liked the original or the '2' so they do work better for some people... and so I think they are worthy of the Nautilus name and a good alternative for some people for whom the original didn't really work.

my well loved collection. :)

View attachment 152843

Happy days I owe them a lot.still have my first proper set up.

I agree, my Nautilus Mini is 18 months old and is still in my daily rotation.

Nice thread - Can releate I moved from a CE4 to the Mini and I was pretty gobsmacked at the difference at the time.

Have a nautilus 2, find the best coils are the 0.7 as they seem to last the longest, but its painful to refill and the juice capacity isnt enough, constantly need to refill it, as if it gets low and you vape it in a non vertical position, some of the wicking holes get no juice and it seems to burn out the coil quickly. If I could find a large tank that could use same coild and didnt leak and was easier to refill that would be a bonus, tank I currently use most though.

My first decent tank was a Nautilus too - I used to use the Mini with the cage tank on my e-pipes. The only reason I stopped using them really was because I wanted to be able to rebuild the coils ....... and they are a pain to rebuild. I kept them in the hope that better 18350 battery life will come along and tempt me back to the pipes. And in case OH decides to start vaping. :)

Last edited:
My first decent tank was a Nautilus too - I used to use then Mini with the cage tank on my e-pipes. The only reason I stopped using them really was because I wanted to be able to rebuild the coils ....... and they are a pain to rebuild. I kept them in the hope that better 18350 battery life will come along and tempt me back to the pipes. And in case OH decides to start vaping. :)

Nautilus 2 on a pipe with a different drip tip would be a cool looing device, really fancy trying out a pipe, but have never seen anything that seemed a good deal and I was brave enough to buy, I quite liked smokig a tobacco pipe, but I guess a vape really wouldnt be any different to any other vape.

Nautilus 2 on a pipe with a different drip tip would be a cool looing device, really fancy trying out a pipe, but have never seen anything that seemed a good deal and I was brave enough to buy, I quite liked smokig a tobacco pipe, but I guess a vape really wouldnt be any different to any other vape.
Funnily enough I just bought a Nautilus 2 in the classies because I thought it might do well on a pipe stem. That protected tank is very useful on something that can't stand up on its own! :D

You're right, of course. I originally got into pipes because I hated tube mods - they were so unstable to put down quickly on a surface (at work when you're in a hurry, for example) but the vape is much the same. A long stem can make a difference to the heat/flavour, though.

Funnily enough I just bought a Nautilus 2 in the classies because I thought it might do well on a pipe stem. That protected tank is very useful on something that can't stand up on its own! :D

You're right, of course. I originally got into pipes because I hated tube mods - they were so unstable to put down quickly on a surface (at work when you're in a hurry, for example) but the vape is much the same. A long stem can make a difference to the heat/flavour, though.

I might look out for something like a smok guardian on ebay, see if i can find one cheap, I used to occasionally like a pipe, as it felt very relaxing and totally different to smoking cigs, maybe combine an epipe with some strong nicotine salt eliquid and see how I go, see of i can recreate the feeling :) Id like to try out some different stems too, they all very short in my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom