What's new

GeekVape B60 Aegis Boost 2

Tazz

Legend
Hello all. Firstly I would like to thank Joyi from Sourcemore for kindly sending me this Pod/Mod to review.
This is not a paid review though I do get to keep the device.

The GeekVape B60
AEGIS BOOST 2
b60-pod-kit-21.jpg

Ok, the B60 is a pod mod type vaping device. To be honest I personally use sub ohm tanks with mods that sport removable batteries. This is the first Pod type vape I have tried.

The B60 comes in typical GeekVape style being well packaged with a .2ohm pre-installed mesh coil rated 50 to 58w and a .6 ohm coil rated at 15 to 25w. The .2 is for Dtl, or direct to lung vaping, with the .6 being for Mtl, mouth to lung vaping.
For those reading this who are new to vaping and are not aware of the terminology, Dtl is drawing in and inhaling the vape in the one breath whereas Mtl is like the traditional smoking style of drawing it first into the mouth then inhaling it.
It's good to see a device that can accommodate both vaping styles making for a universal vape product.
Also included in the package is a coil removal spanner tool, a spare O ring and a C type charging lead. It's good to see the B60 having a C type charging port as there is no need to worry which way you plug it in like the older style of "one way only" types.
IMG_20220811_135848_035~2.jpg

THE POD

The pod on this little beauty sits snugly and securely atop the mod being held in place by a pretty decent magnet holding it well and truly in place.
There is no discernible movement of it when in use apart from a very tiny bit when adjusting the air flow, but apart from that you'll feel none else whilst using it.
Again, the magnet is a good one so you'll definitely not have the worry of it dropping off of the mod anytime.
IMG_20220811_131122_124~3.jpg

There is installed on the base of the coil a sticker covering it from contact with the mod, which you remove once you have filled the pod and allowed the coil to saturate. Don't make the mistake of removing it with no liquid and firing it as you will destroy the coil in doing so, destroy as in burning the cotton and ruining it vapability. Personally I like to saturate the coil myself prior to fitting them as this way i'm always sure they won't dry fire and be ruined.
IMG_20220811_130916_304~3.jpg

Air flow is via a type of slide system on its front allowing for a fairly decent adjustment of air flow for such a small device. Filling of the vape liquid is through a bung style rubber flap that seals very well. I have not seen it leak a drop through it once. As with all vape devices though it's inevitable a drop or tiny bit of liquid hits the outside when removing the bottle tip after filling so a quick wipe will take care of that. I personally have not used a device where I have never needed to do so. So if you see that, it's not a fault. Like filling your car, there's always some drops after you remove the filler nozzle.

The mouth piece on this, to me, is reminiscent of the old cigarette style holders really in my eyes being a narrowish oval shape. Using it was different at first as it's been years since I have used anything like it, but I did soon get used to it.
The coil is simply a push in pull out mesh type which seals very well and, as with the filler, I have never seen so much as a hint of leakage from it. It really appears to be very well designed.
Below the B60 coil compared with a Zeus. The B60 is on the right.
IMG_20220811_135409_417~3.jpg

Something I was happy to see was the stated liquid capacity of 5ml was, is, exactly that when filled with a measured amount in a syringe. There was even room for just a touch more but it is always best to never overfill.
IMG_20220811_145026_473~2.jpg

THE MOD

Ok the Mod itself is a pretty slick looking unit in typical GeekVape style with the leather look back section and framing which is synonymous with Geek products. It also has a rubber textured base for soft put downs on hard surfaces which was nice to see.
IMG_20220811_131336_012~3.jpg

It's good to see also that the B60 has a IP68 rating in keeping with the GeekVape tradition making it dust proof, waterproof and shockproof.
I was given the black version which immediately had me thinking if Darth Vader vaped and wanted a Pod Mod then a black B60 would be under his cape.
The mod has a decent built in battery too, rated at 2000mAh, which gives it a decent vaping time before needing a recharge. Charging is rated up to 2 amp.

Up front is the fire button above the screen, an up/down (+ -) rocker switch style one below the screen and the C type charge port below that. On the left side of the B60 is a sliding lock switch which when pulled or slid down locks the device from use. It's a quick and handy way to lock it down when needed.
The screen itself is well illuminated with the option of changing the colour theme given in the menu.
Displayed on it when in use are Ohms, Amps, Voltage and C a puff counter.
IMG_20220911_192712_111~2.jpg

Menu settings or working modes are Smart, which automatically selects the power level, Power, where the user selects the power or wattage level, Boost, as suggests boosts the vape and VPC which allows the user to create a power curve of 5 separate 1 second intervals. This, the VPC gives the option to have say the first second of the draw be for instance 40 watts, the second 50, third 45 and so on. Its up to the user to choose their own desired power curve. I tried it and it works quite well to be honest. The other remaining settings are 4 separate Temperature controls.

Changing modes and settings are as simple as rapid pressing the Fire button three times then scrolling through the menu to the desired section of it using the up/down (+ -) button. Once you are at the desired one press the Fire button once to scroll down the menu of that mode, each single press will scroll you down. Say you are in VPC, press once to go to the first second, adjust using the rocker button then single press the Fire to the next second and so on. Once your choices are made long press the Fire button to set that mode in operation. It's all pretty easy after a few practices and doesn't take long to learn.
The B60 also has a Stealth Mode where upon selection the screen will stay off whilst in use if desired.
This is entered by pressing the Fire and +/- buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. Repeat the same process to return to Screen display.
Screen Brightness is accessed by holding the Fire button and + button for 1 second. Once there continue to hold the Fire button and adjust the level using the +/- button.
Screen Colour theme can be changed by hitting the Fire button 3 times then pressing and holding the +/- at the same time till you see the colour change, each press of them will change the colour. One long press of the Fire will return you to normal operating mode.

THE VAPE

Alright, so that's all good, but how does the B60 vape?

Like I said earlier this is the first Pod/Mod I have used and wasn't sure what to expect. Typically I use larger devices with Dtl coils ranging from GeekVape Zeus tanks up to Smok Tfv 16's.
Below the GeekVape 100 with Zeus Tank left, the B60 right.
IMG_20220811_130826_155~2.jpg

Ok, the vape experience firstly felt a little restricted with the air flow fully open. I was using the .2 ohm Dtl coil. It felt acceptable but it was noticeable coming straight off of a more fully open type as I'm used to and was to be expected.
A tank full later had me used to it though and I started to enjoy using it.
Flavour wise, compared to say the Zeus sub ohm tank, I'd hazard a guess at saying the B60 delivers about 70% of the flavour and the same percentage vapour wise. Considering the size of the coil though it does deliver a very acceptable vape. Like I said I love my Dtl vaping but decided to try the .2 coil as Mtl. I closed the air flow down to just open and tried. It worked ok to be honest! I have tried this before with sub ohms and coughed straight away, but I didn't with this. Impressive!
What has surprised me though is the coil life!
Honestly this has to be the longest lasting sub ohm factory coil I have ever used with no flavour drop.
I even handed it to the misses for several days to use. That was a test I can assure you as she vapes 3 times as much as I do. She's a coil destroyer. Few days later I take it back and its still going great!
She loved it by the way. To look at the puff counter and see it was at 2950 on the same coil amazed me, to have it still giving out the same level of flavour amazed me even more.
I actually took it out while still working fine to finally try the .6 Mtl coil.
Now, not being a Mtl fan I can't really give a fair comment on how good or how bad it is as I have very limited use of them in the past and nothing really to compare it to.
I found that to get it to deliver as one I suppose would expect a Mtl to vape I did have to close the air flow right down like I did with the .2 coil. To me it works ok, I didn't cough so its delivery was smooth enough. Again as I'm not a fan of Mtl vaping, I didn't use it for any length of time to be able to comment on it's longevity but if it's anything like the .2 one would expect a decent lifespan with it. What you will notice too with the .6 is that it can be used as a restricted Dtl with the air flow right open.

FINAL THOUGHTS

To be honest I found the B60 a delight to use and the .2 coils lifespan really took me by surprise.
It's small enough to not be an in your face device when out in public and big enough to hold a decent battery to not have to worry about it going flat during the day.
Its build is typical GeekVape quality. I have a number of GeekVape mods and tanks and have always found them to be good value, I believe the B60 is too.

If I have just 1 negative it is the grey, smoke coloured Pod. The colour makes it a bit difficult in some lighting situations to see the liquid level in it and I often found myself holding towards some light source when filling it or to check the remaining amount in it.
But that's my only negative.

In all it's a great little device which I'm happy to give the thumbs up to. My misses loves it so I expect when I buy some more .2 coils for it then it'll be hers for sure.

Many thanks again to Joyi and Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to try this Geek B60.
https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvpae-b60-pod-mod-kit.html

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great review Tazz mate. Good to see you. I really like the B series coils. They do last a good bit and keep the flavour/vape really well for a stock coil.

Great review Tazz mate. Good to see you. I really like the B series coils. They do last a good bit and keep the flavour/vape really well for a stock coil.
Thanks mate.
They do dont they, last. So good to see these days coils lasting and being consistent. I remember when I started it was the opposite. 5 packs of coils with 2 good and 3 bad. Coils giving in after a day or two. Some instantly off of the first vape. Im finding these days too there's no break in time like the past. You'd know what I mean, first tank or couple of tanks the vape would taste a bit odd then come good. Im not getting that these days. Well not with anything I'm using.
Have you tried Sobucky Raspberry Syrup yet? Not bad, strong though and can be syrupy at high %. Im using it as an add in, .5% too syrupy on its own for me. I tried Flavorah Raspberry but it had a dryness aftertaste I didn't like. Can you guys there still get Nic Rivers flavours?
If you like Strawberry Sobucky Ripe Strawberry is spot on.

Thanks mate.
They do dont they, last. So good to see these days coils lasting and being consistent. I remember when I started it was the opposite. 5 packs of coils with 2 good and 3 bad. Coils giving in after a day or two. Some instantly off of the first vape. Im finding these days too there's no break in time like the past. You'd know what I mean, first tank or couple of tanks the vape would taste a bit odd then come good. Im not getting that these days. Well not with anything I'm using.
Have you tried Sobucky Raspberry Syrup yet? Not bad, strong though and can be syrupy at high %. Im using it as an add in, .5% too syrupy on its own for me. I tried Flavorah Raspberry but it had a dryness aftertaste I didn't like. Can you guys there still get Nic Rivers flavours?
If you like Strawberry Sobucky Ripe Strawberry is spot on.

Sorry mate, meant to reply yesterday. Not tried the Sobucky yet but always looking to try new ones. They seem to be branded as super aromas over here and can see Nom Nomz has them. Cheers for the tip.

Very nice review. Got one incoming thanks for taking the time to do this .

Very nice review. Got one incoming thanks for taking the time to do this .
Thanks, its a good little device. Misses still using it with that supplied .6 coil and its still going fine.

Back
Top Bottom