What's new

General TC question

Ahh ok, wasn't sure if that was common or not. Good to know it's not some sort of issue with the device or coils lol. It's just a bit annoying I have to keep measuring it to be able to get a hit off of it.

A DNA (at least the C boards) mod should not keep resetting the cold ohms of a coil, unless you're removing the tank or measuring the coil again. I set the cold ohms by measuring the coil, and then leave it.

I use SS316L Mesh in TC on DNA mods. I find that after a day the cold ohms gets lower. For a few days after I first put a mesh strip in I measure the coil resistance first thing in the morning. It then settles and I never have to read it again for the build.

If it is repeatedly asking if the resistance has changed, I suspect you've got some loose wire causing shorts, or loose coil or some other issue, as it should not do that, at least not in my experience.

And as for the cloud chasing with tc, I've definitely seen some builds absolutely just chuck em on tc lol. But my main reason for wanting to use tc is flavor and I'm definitely getting some good flavor out of this build, just wish my coils wouldn't act so wonky.

You want to chuck clouds, get good flavour, AND dry hit protection, use Replay as mentioned below

SS316 has a low resistance change that makes it difficult for mods to see it. The higher the resistance the more it changes when heated. On a DNA it does work ok in Replay mode with lower resistance so you get the dry hit protection. Always ensure the mod measures the resistance of a cold coil not one that's just been fired as it'll lock in the wrong resistance.

A DNA (at least the C boards) mod should not keep resetting the cold ohms of a coil, unless you're removing the tank or measuring the coil again. I set the cold ohms by measuring the coil, and then leave it.

I use SS316L Mesh in TC on DNA mods. I find that after a day the cold ohms gets lower. For a few days after I first put a mesh strip in I measure the coil resistance first thing in the morning. It then settles and I never have to read it again for the build.

If it is repeatedly asking if the resistance has changed, I suspect you've got some loose wire causing shorts, or loose coil or some other issue, as it should not do that, at least not in my experience.
Ok, so I've been using a single coil build at around .35 ohms for the past couple of days and for whatever reason, that seems to have fixed the issue for the most part and I'm actually really digging the flavor and still getting good hits/clouds so that's fun too of course lol

I was just wondering something else though, does it matter what my watts setting is when I'm using TC? Never really played around with it much, I Pretty much just stick around 65 watts but I was wondering if less would be better, especially since I'm using a new RDA and who wants to just keep burning through their juice?

Ok, so I've been using a single coil build at around .35 ohms for the past couple of days and for whatever reason, that seems to have fixed the issue for the most part and I'm actually really digging the flavor and still getting good hits/clouds so that's fun too of course lol

I was just wondering something else though, does it matter what my watts setting is when I'm using TC? Never really played around with it much, I Pretty much just stick around 65 watts but I was wondering if less would be better, especially since I'm using a new RDA and who wants to just keep burning through their juice?

TC still uses watts to heat the coil. The watts is the initial power put through the coil until the temperature is reached, then the mod will throttle back the watts. Also, you may have watt boost enabled, which adds more watts initially.

Play around with changing the watts, try 40 to start and see how you get on. If you don't like it, you can up them, or lower them. Find what works for you :)

Back
Top Bottom