What's new

General TC question

Behemoth42592

Hey all! New member here so not exactly sure where to post this, but I have a few tc noob questions I haven't been able to find answers to on reddit. So...

Recently got the centaurus DNA 250c and absolutely love it so decided to order and use a new RDA as well for the first time in years so I got the dead rabbit max and some 26g ss 316 twisted Claptons to mess around with the tc option on my new centaurus. Now I've never owned a very "accurate" tc mod, up until getting my centaurus a few weeks ago, the only tc mods I've used have been voopoo products. So I guess what I'm really wondering is what are some good builds to mess around with now that I have something better than my drag 2? Currently rocking a dual build and it's at around .17 but I've read higher resistance builds are better for tc, is that true and if so can someone also explain why that might be? I'm a bit of a cloud chaser, but I'm really more of a flavor chaser if that matters for anyone's answer.

Another thing, I've always used dual builds when I used tc in the past with little issue on a pretty similar RDA (the old school zephyr fat buddha if thats even relevant to this question) but these coils are making my device act a but wonky, something keeps triggering the "temp protect" and it won't go away til I remeasure the coils on my device, is that supposed to be normal? I know Claptons themselves would sometimes randomly change up resistance on some of my older mods in just regular vw mode but this seems to do it almost every few puffs. Anyways, thanks in advance for any advice/insight you guys can give me :)

SS316 has a low resistance change that makes it difficult for mods to see it. The higher the resistance the more it changes when heated. On a DNA it does work ok in Replay mode with lower resistance so you get the dry hit protection. Always ensure the mod measures the resistance of a cold coil not one that's just been fired as it'll lock in the wrong resistance.

Resistance will vary depending on the quality of the claptons, one's I've made mayself work fine but there's no guarantee over premade ones. TC works best with plain wire spaced coils, for SS there's a sweet spot resistance-wise but I forget the numbers.

I kept getting a "Temp Protected" message with every hit I took in TC on my DNA60 and DNA250 mods - basically it "warned" me every time the coils reached temperature. I had to go into eScribe and turn off the warning as it was a pain in the arse, I've never had this issue with a newer DNA C board but it may be worth looking at eScribe to see if it is set up to warn you every time the TC cuts power.

I would save your settings, then revert it back to defaults to see if that removes the warning message just in case you've done something odd while tinkering with eScribe.

I try to stay above 0.30 Ohms for TC - a pair of 7 wrap SS316L 26/36 Claptons will get you in that ballpark while still being wide enough for decent cotton coverage - but you've got me scratching my head about TC and cloud chasing. They don't sound like a regular combination to me, but I'm a TC newbie.

Resistance will vary depending on the quality of the claptons, one's I've made mayself work fine but there's no guarantee over premade ones. TC works best with plain wire spaced coils, for SS there's a sweet spot resistance-wise but I forget the numbers.
Word, I actually ordered pre-built coils and I've been digging them so far, just dunno why my resistance likes to keep changing up.

Also, what do you mean "plain wire spaced coils?"

I kept getting a "Temp Protected" message with every hit I took in TC on my DNA60 and DNA250 mods - basically it "warned" me every time the coils reached temperature. I had to go into eScribe and turn off the warning as it was a pain in the arse, I've never had this issue with a newer DNA C board but it may be worth looking at eScribe to see if it is set up to warn you every time the TC cuts power.

I would save your settings, then revert it back to defaults to see if that removes the warning message just in case you've done something odd while tinkering with eScribe.

I try to stay above 0.30 Ohms for TC - a pair of 7 wrap SS316L 26/36 Claptons will get you in that ballpark while still being wide enough for decent cotton coverage - but you've got me scratching my head about TC and cloud chasing. They don't sound like a regular combination to me, but I'm a TC newbie.
Hmm, so it's not just my centaurus then? Interesting, might have to try and figure out how to turn it off too if that was the only way you could make yours stop doing it lol

Ironically, my current build is also 7 wraps but I think my wire is 26/32. Might try and order some 26/36 when I get paid tomorrow like you suggested and give those a try.

And as for the cloud chasing with tc, I've definitely seen some builds absolutely just chuck em on tc lol. But my main reason for wanting to use tc is flavor and I'm definitely getting some good flavor out of this build, just wish my coils wouldn't act so wonky.

Resistance with TC will increase as the coil heats up and then drops back to "cold ohms" as it cools down again. Perfectly normal.

Resistance with TC will increase as the coil heats up and then drops back to "cold ohms" as it cools down again. Perfectly normal.
Ahh ok, wasn't sure if that was common or not. Good to know it's not some sort of issue with the device or coils lol. It's just a bit annoying I have to keep measuring it to be able to get a hit off of it.

Back
Top Bottom