What's new

So.. does anyone actually use TC ?

I use Replay on my DNA mods.
I must try that out sometime, I seem to spend ages on winding coils and re-wicking to try out different amounts and materials, used as-is or scots' roll etc but don't venture into the DNA specific features much, I ought to.

I also find coils seem to gunk up faster using TC, but as I only use SS roundwire I just wind another coil. With roundwire it is faster to use a winding jig, make another coil and change it than to faff about cleaning the old one.

it always struck me as mental that people spend precious time cleaning wire. some folk even have special tiny brushes and go through a whole procedure to do it. crazy :)

it always struck me as mental that people spend precious time cleaning wire. some folk even have special tiny brushes and go through a whole procedure to do it. crazy :)
It depends on the wire. With roundwire I don't bother as the cost is negligible. but it is worth cleaning complex coils IMO - but I don't use them for TC.

Some folk watch soap operas or look at Facebook and Instagram, or keep up with the latest football results.. or what celebrities are wearing or... I don't get any of that either :)

A few minutes of mildly therapeutic maintenance in furtherance of my hobby every few days seems a lot more productive than any of that lot !

Pulsing a fused Clapton and dipping it in water, is probly as fast as fitting a new FC coil and clipping legs then checking for hotspots, saves money aswell.

Some folk watch soap operas or look at Facebook and Instagram, or keep up with the latest football results.. or what celebrities are wearing or... I don't get any of that either :)

A few minutes of mildly therapeutic maintenance in furtherance of my hobby every few days seems a lot more productive than any of that lot !

fair enough. the one time i tried doing this when i was young and impressionable i wasn’t very satisfied. it imparted a nasty taste. but each to their own :)

fair enough. the one time i tried doing this when i was young and impressionable i wasn’t very satisfied. it imparted a nasty taste. but each to their own :)

I've found cleaning complex coils and removing any baked on cack actually restores the flavour, and I used the same hand built Alien in my 22mm Dead Rabbit for over 3 years before it was time to bin it - handy hint, don't clean them with a bog brush

I've done it before... but it does only seem to avoid the inevitable for a short time. It always seems to gunk up in half the time of a new coil.

Back
Top Bottom