What's new

So.. does anyone actually use TC ?

I have a bunch of stainless steel coils. I can only get TC to work effectively with my DNA mods or the ones with Artic Fox firmware. I have tried it with my Kriemhild SBS, Smoant battlestar, evdilo and it just ends up getting weaker and weaker hits.

The best ones are the steam crave mini and sxk billet box.

Actually I have the experience with the Lost Vape and asmodus DNA chips, but the mesh coils are typically lasting around a month before the need of a replacement. Cleaning (or: burning off and re re-wicking) is usually once per week... So effectively each two months, doing similar work to the coil replacement - I do save a pack of coils.

I forgot to mention, my advice would be to get a mod with a newer DNA chip that has the replay feature. It takes out all the faff out of TC, you don't have to worry about settings, tcr values, graphs or power curves. You just take a hit and if you like it press record and that is it. With the added bonus of not getting dry hits/ burning coils similar to TC.

The replay feature is perfect for vapers who are more comfortable with using wattage. You can just set and forget like you do with a wattage setting. It really makes having a mod with a DNA chip worth it.

Pulsing a fused Clapton and dipping it in water, is probly as fast as fitting a new FC coil and clipping legs then checking for hotspots, saves money aswell.
When I tried out a GeekVape pod device, I hated throwing the used metal coil things away (I tried rebuilding but ridiculously faffy), then buying more at $$$ for 5, making sure I had a stock of them in - and the vape just isn't as good anyway.

It's like those godawful coffee pod things where you get a fixed portion of coffee in an unrecyclable unit with a restricted selection of coffee that somebody else chose, roasted and ground god knows how long ago, that costs way more than freshly roasted beans/ground per cup and requires a special machine that can go wrong and become obsolete when they come up with a new design of pod and the old pods get hard to find.... I don't understand why anyone would buy that kit.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, my advice would be to get a mod with a newer DNA chip that has the replay feature. It takes out all the faff out of TC, you don't have to worry about settings, tcr values, graphs or power curves. You just take a hit and if you like it press record and that is it. With the added bonus of not getting dry hits/ burning coils similar to TC.

The replay feature is perfect for vapers who are more comfortable with using wattage. You can just set and forget like you do with a wattage setting. It really makes having a mod with a DNA chip worth it.
Actually all of the "C" series have the ability by firmware upgrade and appropriate theme allowing it.
Citation from 6 years ago from evolv forum:
"Minimum replay requirements:
DNA250C or DNA75C (Mods with a color screen)
International firmware installed
Theme that's replay enabled
At least 1 of your Profiles with 'use replay on this profile' ticked, and set for use. BUT Material Type set as 'watts'
Coil made from a TC wire (material), like Ni200, SSxxx, Titanium."

OF course, the 100C supports the Replay too.
So, the only ones WITHOUT the replay function would be the mono screen chips only, I believe?

Actually all of the "C" series have the ability by firmware upgrade and appropriate theme allowing it.
Citation from 6 years ago from evolv forum:
"Minimum replay requirements:
DNA250C or DNA75C (Mods with a color screen)
International firmware installed
Theme that's replay enabled
At least 1 of your Profiles with 'use replay on this profile' ticked, and set for use. BUT Material Type set as 'watts'
Coil made from a TC wire (material), like Ni200, SSxxx, Titanium."

OF course, the 100C supports the Replay too.
So, the only ones WITHOUT the replay function would be the mono screen chips only, I believe?

Yeah that is right. I said newer DNA chips but I meant new compared to the older mono screen ones so it would have been simpler if I had put it the way you have put it.

All the information you have provided is very useful for anyone looking to get a mod with a DNA chip.

I have a mod with a DNA 75c chip and can confirm it works with international firmware.

I actually got the essent mod from 3fvape for £55 including postage that has the 75c chip. I would recommend that mod to anyone for that price. Build quality is fab.

Back
Top Bottom