What's new

Giveaways! Win VOOPOO DRAG 4 Launched on 28th November!

My experience in using the VOOPOO Drag 4 kit as supplied by the manufacturer for me to test. I do not intend to write a review of the kit as there is already an excellent video review by @EatMaBB in the Device Review section of this forum.
I was sent the wood version of the kit with the matching Uforce - L tank.

The first thing I did was to change the TPD compliant glass for the larger capacity glass which comes as part of the kit, taking the opportunity to to give the tank a sniff test and a quick rub over with tissue to check for oil residue, there was none, and to check the machining and general fit of the components, all was well.

I selected the 0.2ohm coil to try first which has a recommended wattage of 40-55, I selected 30 watts as a starting point intending to increase the wattage to find the sweet spot for the kanzi liquid I`d filled the tank with. I was very surprised to find that the vape was superb at that wattage, I`m very familiar with kanzi and I could tell that this tank, coil and wattage was spot on both for flavour and a respectable amount of cloud (if that`s your thing).

I did take the wattage up to 45 in the interests of completing the test but although the amount of vapour increased I didn`t notice any improvement in the flavour.
I got through about 60ml of juice before I noticed some drop off in the quality of flavour, not massive, but the juice changed from a sweet fruit that I know and love to a kind of conglomeration which although not unpleasant, was not kanzi, and I got a couple of hits that tasted sooty.

I changed the 0.2 coil for the supplied 0.15 which has a recommended wattage of 55-70, I found the sweet spot at 50 watts and again the flavour is spot on and unsurprisingly the amount of vapour produced increased. I got through about 50ml of juice before the flavour started to drop off in a similar way to the 0.2 coil.
I personally dont see the sense in using the lesser resistance coil just for the sake of clouds so I`ve bought 5 x 0.2ohm coils to try some of my own juices.

The mod supplied is of C frame alloy construction with a U shaped, magnetically fixed battery cover which on my mod felt secure and well fitting. The control buttons have a reassuring click as does the sliding selector switch. I`m not sure if the wood and leather are authentic but it is a very well constructed mod and looks the part.
The menu is pretty basic by modern standards but has all the function settings required for the satisfactory operation of the mod, it is where you can select the function of the sliding switch which can be set to lock the mod on or off or to lock the current operation mode ie watts, TC etc. I set the switch to lock wattage seeing as the way I hold the mod the control buttons are in contact with my palm.

Would I buy this kit? seeing as the most important part of my vape is flavour, yes I would although I would be happy to use the U Force L tank atop any of my mods.

As a follow up to my report on the Drag 4 kit, the kit is in use every day and is still performing at peak.

As reported, I was so impressed by the flavour from the Uforce-L tank and PnP coils that I bought more coils so that I could use that set up to test new juices and free up the dripper for its` intended use which is to wring every last molecule of flavour from what are relatively expensive juices.

An added benefit of being able to get the PnP coils to work at only 30 - 32 watts and using them to test juices is that with such light use they can be rinsed under a tap and dried out to come out almost like new, showing a considerable cost saving.

I've been using my own kit for a few days, and can't make my mind up about the tank. The vape is a bit too smooth for my preference, as i like a warm vape with a decent bit of throat hit. Only used the 0.2 coil up to now, and the coil has just burnt out after 230 puffs at 60w. I know it was only rated to 55w but it was far too cold a vape for me at that setting.
I'll try the 0.15 coil next to see if i can generate any heat through it.

Edit. I dialled the same coil back down to 55w and it is working a bit better. I'm getting some heat if i chain vape it.

Last edited:
After a few days I found the tank airflow a little restrictive for my style of vaping, but still good flavour and easy to use with no leakage. Overall really good apart from the personal airflow thing, that may not be an issue for others but thought I should mention it.

After a few days I found the tank airflow a little restrictive for my style of vaping, but still good flavour and easy to use with no leakage. Overall really good apart from the personal airflow thing, that may not be an issue for others but thought I should mention it.
That's weird. I've found it too airy and cold. I've had to close the airflow right down to generate some heat. I'm still on the same coil so maybe the next one will be better for me.

That's weird. I've found it too airy and cold. I've had to close the airflow right down to generate some heat. I'm still on the same coil so maybe the next one will be better for me.

I guess I am more used to airy draws etc.

I have also noticed @Voopoo UK this corner here is uncomfortable, I don't want say sharp but the way I hold the device it is noticeable, so if you could smooth that for us vapers that hold it that way it would be excellent!

corner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom