What's new

Have you seen the E-Lites TV ad yet?

Mark

Legend
Elites TV ad teaser

Short teaser trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things: Firstly, regardless of personal thoughts on the brand, surely a TV ad for a VAPING product (but not an e-cig) can only help to distance what we do from smoking, which is of course banned from any advertising. Secondly: Has anyone else ever thought that that guy is the spitting image of Peter Griffin from family guy?

Edit:Although I'm not entirely sure that I am comfortable with the suggestion that he'd use it near his baby. That might be a bit hard for some people to swallow.

The implication is that by going outside for a fag he has just missed an amazing moment in his life. The actor is Mark Benton who currently stars as a teacher in a weekly drama about a school I believe. I might have role model issues Vaping in front of children, not sure but I don't think there are any real health concerns IMO

An older one (June 2012). Not seen it aired though. Cinemas maybe?

The implication is that by going outside for a fag he has just missed an amazing moment in his life. The actor is Mark Benton who currently stars as a teacher in a weekly drama about a school I believe. I might have role model issues Vaping in front of children, not sure but I don't think there are any real health concerns IMO

I understand that, but the subtext I picked up is that he could have used it around his child. Now you know and I know (as far as anybody CAN know with research being at the stage it's at) that the risk of passive inhalation is minimal. But my point is, does Joe Bloggs from Skelmersdale know that? And assuming he doesn't, and assuming he sees it the way I did, will he bother to find out for himself or will he just subconciously demonise vaping with his own prejudice? It seems to me that for vaping to become the norm, first it needs to become accepted. Elites have gone some way toward doing that by showing that he could have used it in his living room with his family around him, I'm just asking whether suggesting that he could have used it near his baby is a bit of a step too far at this stage?

I understand that, but the subtext I picked up is that he could have used it around his child. Now you know and I know (as far as anybody CAN know with research being at the stage it's at) that the risk of passive inhalation is minimal. But my point is, does Joe Bloggs from Skelmersdale know that? And assuming he doesn't, and assuming he sees it the way I did, will he bother to find out for himself or will he just subconciously demonise vaping with his own prejudice? It seems to me that for vaping to become the norm, first it needs to become accepted. Elites have gone some way toward doing that by showing that he could have used it in his living room with his family around him, I'm just asking whether suggesting that he could have used it near his baby is a bit of a step too far at this stage?
Possibly but I don't personally think so. In order to gain 'acceptance' we have to hit these issues head on. But I understand your view point and its as valid as mine :)

Made me ROFL..

Nice to see ecigs getting some decent advertising in the media at last :)

Shame there wasn't one mention of ecigs in the ad though. The missus saw it earlier and thought it was for insurance lol

That's chuffing brilliant

Back
Top Bottom