What's new

Review HCigar VTNano DNA75

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes todays review is for the Hcigar VTNano DNA75 mod.
First as usual i would like to thank @gearbest.com for kindly sending this mod for me to review. Thanks Zarya and Justin

So what do you get in the package, Well its the usual, Mod, usb cable and instruction booklet.
The box has a sleeve round it and nice designed inner the USB cable and if i remeber the booklet are under the bit that houses the mod, the instruction manual is in an envelope style outer not that its that important. I just think it adds a nice touch.

Stats.

Aluminum zinc alloy construction

Height: 82mm
width: 39mm
Depth: 24mm
Weight 110 grams

Requires 1x 18650 battery cell 25amp or more discharging current.
Comes in i think 4 different colour schemes
Uses the Evolv DNA75 chipset
which will have the same stats as any other DNA75 mod so i won't go over those.

What do i think of the HCigar VTNano 75.

Honestly i am surprised as i didn't think i would be able to vape very long using a single 18650 battery. This was not as bad as i expected and it means changing the battery once a day, no biggy to do that.
The build quality is very nice. Very comfortable to hold and its a great take out and about mod due to its size. See the pictures provided there is 2 pics which show the VTnano next to the IPVD2. this is the best comparison of size for me. The VTNano is slightly bigger, but nothing much. This makes the VTNano another device perfect for Stealth vaping

The battery door is a screw fit but has a liftable flap making it easy to remove and replace the battery cover. the flap is magnetic so it doesn't stay sticking up or out and the threading is very smooth, smoother than the Box75.
The buttons are also quite nice, shiny and smaller than on my Thinkvape box75.

The 510 on the mod is a very nice one and better quality than the Box 75, the Box 75 is my other DNA75 device so it's the mod i am making comparisons with. The 510 is springloaded and the mod is compatible with atomizers upto 24mm. 25mm and you get a barely noticeable hangover
The VTNano screen is for me nicely protected by the fact it is well away from the mods outer shell and the space for the screen has a lip all the way round it.
I did hear of issues with the Hcigar vt75 people getting electric shocks, and some even said it was poorly constructed, I never got one to find out if this had any truth. The VTNano has none of the issues the VT75 had. I just have one thing about the build quality and that is there is no vent holes. Now i say this as i have witnessed batteries getting warm in DNA 75's, however i find it is only for a moment during a vape
The LED can be customized to what colour you prefer.

I won't go on about the DNA75 chip as this has been spoke about in lots of reviews and is the same chip as other DNA75 mods. However i will say that their has been a service pack sp3 which has new firmware for DNA 75, DNA200 and DNA250, this has made the Temp control work much better with Stainless steel coils. The DNA 75 come pre installed with Stainless Steel 316 temp control feature. Which i have enjoyed using with a Uwell Crown and its 0.25 ss coil. Also Ni200 and Titanium temp control are pre programmed other wire types can be loaded onto the device as well as other customization via Escribe software which is free to download and use on a windows PC.

Pro's:

1. Small size excellent form factor.
2. DNA75 chip
3. suits upto 24mm atomizers even 25mm looks ok and the hangover is almost non existant
4. Weight is nice and light making the mod pocket and stealth friendly
5. Quality built mod
6. improved battery cover with a flap making it much better and less chance of cross threading

Cons.

For me i am struggling to find one apart from No vent holes. but here are what i think may be somethings others may dislike.

!. Single 18650 only means less vapetime but the board is very efficient so lasts longer than other 18650 single battery mods that do not have a DNA75 chip.
2. . I find the mod can be slippery when picking it up.
3. some may find the buttons a bit small however they are wide enough to get good purchase
4. All DNA75's will only put out 6 volts. This means Higher resistence will give you a resistance to high message
This doesn't bother me as i always use lower Ohm coils. But if you use MTL tanks it will be an issue for some.

Conclusion.

I was sceptical about how long the battery would last on a DNA75. Using the VT75Nano i have been surprised with how long the battery lasts. It beats my IPVD2 hands down.
The issues that i had heard about the VT75 are none existent.
I have really enjoyed using this mod for the last week and it has been the mod i want to take out and about. For the cost of this device it is a steal In my opinion. OK the £ has plunged a bit so the price has risen slightly. £50 or just over is still good compared to other mods with Temp control chips that do not perform well.
Would i advise buying it. On the whole yes especially if you want a compact quality performing device and don't mind carrying a spare battery on a longer trip out. I will be using the VT75Nano quite often.

Thank you for reading my review For the HCigar VT75Nano, Hope it helped you.

20161020_184928.jpg 20161020_185117.jpg 20161020_185131.jpg 20161020_185140.jpg 20161020_185154.jpg 20161020_185207.jpg

Nice review @crustyfolker, Yep there are lots of Dna 75's and the VTNano is a nice one. The 6v limit is only really a problem for high wattage high ohms vaping - which in practice is a no-no anyway so'll agree with your assesment on that. Hows it to hold? I found it's bigger brother just a tad too wide for real comfort so preffered the slightly narrower DX75, but I might look for a small device for use as a "Pocket mod" for more formal occasions when it's impractical to carry more than one device or anything bulky...

Nice review @crustyfolker, Yep there are lots of Dna 75's and the VTNano is a nice one. The 6v limit is only really a problem for high wattage high ohms vaping - which in practice is a no-no anyway so'll agree with your assesment on that. Hows it to hold? I found it's bigger brother just a tad too wide for real comfort so preffered the slightly narrower DX75, but I might look for a small device for use as a "Pocket mod" for more formal occasions when it's impractical to carry more than one device or anything bulky...
Hi @Tubbyengineer To hold the VTNano is nice my only qualm would be that it can feel slippery, but this is more when picking up the mod. The shape and size are excellent, as mentioned there isn't much difference in size to the ipvd2. I am presuming the big brother would be similar to the Thinkvape box 75. The Box 75 is obviously much heavier due me using a 26650 battery and because its a bit bigger.
The VTNano is one for the wishlist if you want a small DNA75 for out and about, paired with something like a moonshot or something of similar size You have a nice little and lightweight set up.
Its a shame about the £ to $ exchange rate as the VTNano is only $63 on Gearbest, vapegeek also have them but i think £85.
I like the Resin DX75 which you can get for about £78 from vaping 101.
Thanks for the Nive review comment:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom