What's new

MOD Recommendation

bigted2021

Currently using Voopoo Argus GT2 with PNP coils.

Current MOD is becoming a bit temperamental. Especially on battery change over it takes a few goes messing about with batteries or the door just to get the thing to come on, once on its OK.

I want to stick to the PNP coils, i take it I can use with any MOD as long as it has 510 thread. I currently using it at 40w. The one annoying thing is it doesn't quite last a full day, so was thinking are there more efficient mods or should i go for a triple battery setup.

I severely sight impaired hence wanting to stick to current coils/tank and wanting a MOD that's simple to use.

Any tips very much welcome. Thanks

Great call there from @MrDJ I'm also partially sighted and the screen on the Gen 200 is big and very easy to read.

You don't need to change your tank so all you need is the mod.

What I would add is that I sometimes get problems with my Odin mods where they can play up a bit at battery change and I've found that generally they just need a good wipe of all the battery connections and also around the 510 pin to make sure they are free of any juice or dirt build up.

I'm not sure how old your batteries are but possibly it might be worth investing in some new ones. I don't know what wattage you normally fire at but the latest Molicel P28A 18650's will handle any wattage you're likely to use without a problem and now have slightly better mAh as well. Here is the link to find them on Fogstar.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/18650-batteries/products/molicel-p28a-18650-battery

Fogstar also have a discount code POTV20 if you need it.

Last edited:
Thanks both. I check out some vids on the Gen 200, seen them mentioned in some other threads here also. I use the Molicel P28A, have 6 which i rotate as needed.

Thanks both. I check out some vids on the Gen 200, seen them mentioned in some other threads here also. I use the Molicel P28A, have 6 which i rotate as needed.

Good suggestions from the above, I very much like my gen 200 and they can be found very cheap these days too which is always a plus. If battery life is an issue I'd say go for a dual 21700 device over a triple 18650, triples tend to be very bulky. Something like the Dovpo Odin DNA V1/V2 may be worth considering if you want to go the 21700 route.

Love my Gen 200 too.

Another option may be the Geek Vape L200 Classic which is dual 21700, and bombproof.

Love my Gen 200 too.

Another option may be the Geek Vape L200 Classic which is dual 21700, and bombproof.

I've actually got 2 of the L200 Classics. :)

I'd have to say though that while it will certainly offer loads of extra charge time as you'd expect from a dual 21700 mod it is a massive contrast in terms of weight. The L200 Classic is probably one of the heaviest mainstream mods around weighing in at 205 grams without atty or batteries compared to the Gen 200 weighing in at just 74 grams which is possibly the smallest and lightest dual 18650 mod around.

I'm using 2 mods just now that might just suit you. The Freemax Maxus 2 has a nice large screen and although it has LED lights on it, that may help you if you're partially sighted, or you can just turn the lights off as well. I quite like them on this if I'm being honest. https://vaping101.co.uk/products/freemax-maxus-2-kit

I'm also using the Vaporesso Armour Max mod, It's a 21700 mod and has all the same functions as the Gen 200. It's quite heavy with the batteries in it though but with a couple of charged up 21700s in it it lasts for days.https://vaping101.co.uk/products/vaporesso-armour-max-vape-mod?_pos=2&_sid=e813e1e40&_ss=r

I'll second or third the gen 200, I've been using mine for about a year and it's been great and still looks like new. I've also just bought a vaporesso target 100 single battery which I'm yet to try as it's put away for crimbo, too small for what you want but shows how happy I was with that brand.

Back
Top Bottom