What's new

Head of AstraZeneca rejects calls for UK vaccine to be diverted to EU

Gracious like this ? (Source : BBC)

View attachment 238483

Stooping to their petty level isn't going to help - not that I think anyone should give in to their bullshit demands.

Trying to take a step back from the politic shit, If there are doctors/nurses other high risk front line workers who haven't got the jab I feel they should be prioritized. I don't buy into the 'uk's getting all of theirs, we want a cut of theirs to make up our deficient' demands, but we as humans are in much deeper shit if UK/EU doctors and nurses are not able to tend to the sick.

The only place i've seen that has a logical roll out plan (in my opinion) is Lithuania : https://bnn-news.com/lithuania-has-published-its-vaccination-plan-220589

upload_2021-1-28_15-5-9.png

I guess all im really saying is, I think the only acceptable 'condition' in which the UK relinquishes a small portion of their order to the EU is if the EU hasn't been able to achieve step one of the above 'medics who work with covid 19 patients' and the supply is used only for this - not 80 year old frank who can't visit the bingo hall.

Stooping to their petty level isn't going to help - not that I think anyone should give in to their bullshit demands.

Trying to take a step back from the politic shit, If there are doctors/nurses other high risk front line workers who haven't got the jab I feel they should be prioritized. I don't buy into the 'uk's getting all of theirs, we want a cut of theirs to make up our deficient' demands, but we as humans are in much deeper shit if UK/EU doctors and nurses are not able to tend to the sick.

The only place i've seen that has a logical roll out plan (in my opinion) is Lithuania : https://bnn-news.com/lithuania-has-published-its-vaccination-plan-220589

View attachment 238526

I guess all im really saying is, I think the only acceptable 'condition' in which the UK relinquishes a small portion of their order to the EU is if the EU hasn't been able to achieve step one of the above 'medics who work with covid 19 patients' and the supply is used only for this - not 80 year old frank who can't visit the bingo hall.

Very commendable.
But it is easy to come up with a perfect list if you are not doing vaccinations because you don't have much vaccine.

They did not start vaccinations until last Sunday, and that was using
the BioNTech/Pfizer which is currently the only one authorized for use in the European Union.

Pity really, if they had not been in the EU given their proximity, and history with Russia they could have asked if they could have some of their Sputnik vaccine. :)

Back
Top Bottom