What's new

Head of AstraZeneca rejects calls for UK vaccine to be diverted to EU

Can I put I different light on it

so you have the Oxford vaccine designers some nice people at the uni had a big wallop of cash to design this vaccine they took it all of it from the U.K. and Europe, designed the jab etc

now the jabs are running low so it goes back to who gave and signed what and when

however brits being brits some wise negotiator got his Oxford chums real smashed on drugs and hookers took some pictures of proper outrageous antics. Europe wants more jabs Oxford were contemplating giving them until this morning when a couple of pictures hit the Oxford desks images of chickens a goat and a bottle of fish oil, with a single word on the back “remember ?”

Correct ?
When is the deadline for applications for the job with drugs, hookers and fish oil?

It is a clear case of over bureaucracy with the EU once again I think.

I’m sure other will have different opinions - but over bureaucracy is one of the EUs down sides

As well as the inherent bureaucracy of the EU (without question an albatross around its neck) it seems a lot of the EU's current problems stem from the intense pressure applied by France (which the EU caved to) to invest heavily both financially and - far more importantly - with extra time to develop the French attempt at a Covid-19 vaccine. Couldn't possibly have Germany and the UK outshine France now could they?! As I understand it (happy to be corrected), that caused a large part of the EU's delay in the procurement of a larger number of alternative vaccine doses.

Yeah, how's that working out for them then. Again, the people get fucked because they want to play politics. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have the eu even approved a vaccine yet?

Seems to me like they need to get their sequence right, approve the vaccine and then complain when the supply doesn’t meet the demand. At the moment they’re bitching about something which can’t even happen.

Bullshit posturing just makes them look like childish fuckwits.

I read a term earlier ‘vaccine nationalism’ and it made me despair. We’re in the middle of a global pandemic, when are leaders going to behave like leaders?! Ffs.

My understanding of the issue (happy to be corrected) is that the UK signed a deal with AstraZeneca that included all doses being manufactured in the UK plant supplying the UK its doses before they ship any doses from the UK internationally to fulfill later agreed international orders. That's what they're doing. Once the UK has received what it purchased, long before the EU, then doses will be shipped out of the UK.

The EU signed a deal months later. Their initial doses are manufactured in Europe. There's production issues in the EU and they won't get as many doses right now as they expected. All because they waited 3 more months to order. As a result of that 3 month delay they've had less time to get the European production plant scaled up. So they think they should receive doses manufactured in the UK which the UK has already purchased exclusively 3 months earlier.

To try and achieve this they are threatening to impose export restrictions to the stop the UK from receiving deliveries of the Pfizer vaccine that is manufactured in the EU despite the UK having purchased them already, and again, purchased them before the EU.

The EU are in a mess of their own making.

I quite agree.
But not only that, the EU authorities have still not signed of to say the vaccine can be administered in the EU.
So why the fuck do they need large amounts of it now ?
Just for it to past it's use by date, and thrown away..............................

Have the eu even approved a vaccine yet?

In a word no.
At least not the Oxford / Astra Zeneca one that they are kicking off about.

But they say it will be approved on Friday...............................
Watch this space.

Of course?

Well that's good to know. I'll certainly sleep better knowing that good business sense will always prevail over politics.

Might find one or two remainers who would disagree with that tho. :rotflmao:

n8Rw7vL-kR8NMzT5hKIUlqxCI09UeddhElvaJmQN2HE0n-jh_lg4nJGe9VtIcobWjx45bEMB6KvP6F-mjU0L2S01_VcNqzNYVyIruQ22OCikgJYbrt8MeCUy9YrlfIxqEvjGPDR1YVyXXJ_6bBo-jhVLxPSgZPQXmc4

In business if one party is dragging their heals (EU approval of said vaccine)

then the other party may instigate action to give first party a kick up the arse

as for " good " business - it might seem a little unethical perhaps
(depends on your view point/perspective)
but for the party instigating the kick up the arse, they might deem it to be good business practice
(can also backfire - trying to force a reaction)

think EU is just trying to divert blame/attention
(mostly - yeah well get ya fucking finger out & approve it yes/no)
AZ meantime are just doing what big businesses might often do

Can I put I different light on it

so you have the Oxford vaccine designers some nice people at the uni had a big wallop of cash to design this vaccine they took it all of it from the U.K. and Europe, designed the jab etc

now the jabs are running low so it goes back to who gave and signed what and when

however brits being brits some wise negotiator got his Oxford chums real smashed on drugs and hookers took some pictures of proper outrageous antics. Europe wants more jabs Oxford were contemplating giving them until this morning when a couple of pictures hit the Oxford desks images of chickens a goat and a bottle of fish oil, with a single word on the back “remember ?”

Correct ?
Whut ?

Back
Top Bottom