What's new

Help finding a new RTA for flavour?

I do love it but mine has a tendency to piss itself now and again and that gets frustrating. I wick it the way you're supposed to, been using it for a while now so used to the wicking and it still pisses randomly now and again.

Weird! Do you use 6mm mesh cotton? That's all I've ever used in mine and they've never leaked.

Yeah I use the firebolt m cotton. Perhaps I'm wicking wrong sometimes but it's so finnicky

This is how I do it...

The only other thing I can think of is make sure the af is closed when doing the 1st fill after a rebuild.

This is how I do it...

The only other thing I can think of is make sure the af is closed when doing the 1st fill after a rebuild.
Yeah I've used that a few times when I've gone back to it after another tank. That's exactly the way I wick it.

My latest build had a little leaking at first, has been fine for a few days then pissed everywhere today. It's just random

I like mesh for certain liquids and coils for others. I have lots of flavours on the go why limit myself to just one type of coil.

The most intense flavour atty I have the chinesium VV Pyro V4 RDTA, some liquids are to strong in it.

I do love it but mine has a tendency to piss itself now and again and that gets frustrating.
Try pulling the cotton up a tad out of the wick channels, pushing it up to the cotton shoulder above and around the mesh strip ends. Perversely this often works for me, I expected the opposite to be true. When recoiling make sure the cotton tails are tight to the edges of the wick channels, I almost feel like I'm ramming that cotton in, never get a dry hit though. If I dont get the cotton in tight my unity's leaks like a MF, from the off, it's been ridiculous at times. Worth the bother though, best rta for flavour I've ever owned.

On the subject of heat the Unity is not a cold vape, it is mildly warm at 40w, my default wattage. I used to enjoy hot vapes, now I hate them most of the time. Which means I have a large unused collection of rtas' and most unfortunately some fine rdas' as well.

Yeah I've used that a few times when I've gone back to it after another tank. That's exactly the way I wick it.

My latest build had a little leaking at first, has been fine for a few days then pissed everywhere today. It's just random
i had the same issues mate & did mine exactly as @JohnNada & do try it as @andipandi says & it works fine no leaks

Hmm, you say "struggle with" and "can't" like others are failing to get what you get, I suspect it's just that the warm which you like isn't warm enough for others, and what they'd call warm, you might call too hot.

I suspect that what some habitual mesh vapers describe as warm I would describe as 'colder than fish tits'. Nothing wrong with mesh, and it generally gives excellent flavour - I vape mesh during the couple of weeks every summer when the temperature goes above 30C, but I've always found mesh to give what I'd describe as a cool vape, to get what I consider a warm a 'warm' vape from it is generally shortly followed by a dry hit from hell or a burnt stock coil.

I suspect that what some habitual mesh vapers describe as warm I would describe as 'colder than fish tits'. Nothing wrong with mesh, and it generally gives excellent flavour - I vape mesh during the couple of weeks every summer when the temperature goes above 30C, but I've always found mesh to give what I'd describe as a cool vape, to get what I consider a warm a 'warm' vape from it is generally shortly followed by a dry hit from hell or a burnt stock coil.
Patronising or what?
I've used every coil type in various rta's, but now just use stock mesh coils.
I'll bow down to your superior skill and knowledge. I obviously don't know what a warm vape is, and in my ignorance i am vaping colder than a mackerel's mammaries.

'Heat' is all about airflow. Get to know the tank and coil you are using. I like to vape on the edge of getting a dry hit. With the tank and coil i'm using, i've found my sweet spot with watts and airflow. I like a longish puff, with the heat building towards the end.
I could vape much higher watts with the airflow wide open, and it would give a cool vape, but that's not what i want.

Back
Top Bottom