What's new

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

Everyone saying "why would you do this????" or "sounds stupid" or other uninformed information. Just because you think there is no reason to adjust ohm readout doesn't mean there isn't. If you build your coils on a deck with resistance testing, you're gonna get a very accurate reading and not a pulse reading that will always be different and sometimes way off. have you ever taken your tank off and put back on and all of a sudden your mod is asking if there's a new coil with a different ohm reading? if you know the true ohms for your coils, be able able to adjust from the automatic bs is gonna give you way more consistent results. And as far as using it outside of TC mode, stainless steel coils work in both TC mode as well as wattage mode, and unless cold, you'll never get an accurate reading automatically with them.
If you adjust the ohm reading. The coil is being powered incorrectly. That’s the whole reason we measure it in the first place. And, with any coil. Unless you actually measure it, you’ve no idea what the resistance is. What’s written on the coil, isn’t the “ real” resistance. It the resistance that’s claimed. Even a change in air temp will alter it, with most metals.

though I guess, technically, you could do it with a dna. By entering a false internal resistance. But you need to do it with each coil. And you’d still need something to measure the coil resistance, in the first place.

We seem to be suffering from an influx of thundercunt millennials of late...

my fault. i authorized this late last night on my phone and it doesnt show dates of previous posts as on a small screen.

@Br000gle please try and check the date of the last post you reply to as said, this is 4 year old post.
oh yeh, and welcome to the planet :)

im guessing when new joiners if they dont click on new post tab they see old posts from years ago at the top.

my fault. i authorized this late last night on my phone and it doesnt show dates of previous posts as on a small screen.

@Br000gle please try and check the date of the last post you reply to as said, this is 4 year old post.
oh yeh, and welcome to the planet :)

im guessing when new joiners if they dont click on new post tab they see old posts from years ago at the top.
Guilty, as charged.

Back
Top Bottom