What's new

I’d like to use a mesh strip instead of a regular coil??

KweenAngeline

I have a Smok Priv V8 & I’m using m2-0.25 ohms. Can I replace the m2-0.25 ohms with a mesh strip or do. Have to buy a certain vape tank to use mesh strips? I also have another Smok, Fetch tank, & some refills. My ? Applies to those as well. Please look at my photos.

Any information is helpful, Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3646.jpeg
    IMG_3646.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3655.jpeg
    IMG_3655.jpeg
    653.4 KB · Views: 0
To use mesh strips you will need to buy a rebuildable tank - a mesh RTA, You will also have to have a few basic tools. You cant use mesh strips in your current V8 Baby Beast tank

Unfortunately your mod is battery voltage output only and you have no way to adjust the wattage - although a rebuildable Mesh RTA will screw onto your mod not being able to adjust the power settings will cause problems - as mesh strips have very low resistance, sometimes half the resistance of the stock coils you are using, the mod will send twice the power to a mesh RTA - this will probably burn the cotton immediately, also a single 18650 isn't designed to cope with such high power drain so it won't be particularly safe.

I recommend you watch some Youtube reviews of mesh RTAs being built first - building RTAs isn't always easy, and most of us don't get it right first time, but in the long run it is worth it because the flavour will be far better than a Smok stock coil tank and in the longer term it will be much cheaper as you won't be constantly buying replacement stock coils.

If you decide to get into rebuilding you will need a new mod with power adjustment, preferably at least a single 21700 or a dual 18650 mod. E-cig clouds are selling the Vaporesso Gen 220 mod for 9.99. Despite the low price it's a really good mod.. Personally I recommend you buy the Vaporesso mod anyway - even if you decide not to bother with a mesh RTA you can use your current tank on it and use ANY stock coil in the Baby Beast range or any Baby Beast fitment stock coil made by other manufacturers. At the moment although there are a lot of coils that will fit your tank, not being able to adjust the power means the vape will be cold and insipid for coils with higher resistance or prone to burning out fast and over-straining your batteries, possibly into the red zone.

Not what you were particularly asking about I know but it's always best to have a spare mod. I'd buy the mod while they are available and take your time researching rebuildable tanks. If you see one you like the look of there are are people here that can advise. But, whatever you do - don't buy a rebuildable tank and try to use it on your Smok V8 mod as it could go badly.

Back
Top Bottom