What's new

I have a question about coils and mods.

Badamsios

Initiate
I currently have the smok x-priv which uses the V12-PRINCE-q.

It is a nice rig, but my wife is the only one that can get the coil into the unit. And of course the coil always needs to be replaced immediately after she leaves for work.

I even asked my neighbor that has a wife and two teenage kids that could not do it either.

So, I am looking for a new mod that uses those coils. Hate to throw away that money you know?

I currently have 14 of those coils

The tank screws onto the mod with a standard 510 connection, so you can just buy a new tank to put on the x priv mod rather than buying the full kit.
Im not familiar with the tank or coils you use but they appear to be screw fitting. Maybe a tank that has push fit coils would be better option for you.
Hopefully someone can recomend a tank that takes similar rated push fit coils.

The mod is fine, the issue is with the tank. Either replace it or buy another one and rig it up while your wife is around.

The tank screws onto the mod with a standard 510 connection, so you can just buy a new tank to put on the x priv mod rather than buying the full kit.
Im not familiar with the tank or coils you use but they appear to be screw fitting. Maybe a tank that has push fit coils would be better option for you.
Hopefully someone can recomend a tank that takes similar rated push fit coils.

Major newbie. Only been doing this for a few months so I have no idea what you are talking about when you say the tank.

I'm thinking the tank would be where the liquid goes.

Definitely like the idea of a push coil instead of a screw in.

Hi @Badamsios and welcome to the forum.

The part on top containing the juice is your tank which you can unscrew from the larger section below which is called the Mod which contains the battery and electronics. The mod you have is fine so you don't need to worry about that part.

The tank you have on top is called the TFV12 Prince. That was my first ever sub ohm tank. I found that tank was a real pain to get apart and change the coils. I upgraded to another tank called the Freemax Mesh Pro which was the best stock coil tank I ever had. That was quite a few years ago and they are now up to the Mesh Pro v3. They sell a few different coils for it so you can try out different ones to see which you like the best. You still have to screw the coils in but it is more well made and a lot easier to fit new coils than the Prince. I'm not up to date on which are the best similar stock coil sub ohm tanks these days so someone else may well have a better suggestion but I don't think you'll go too far wrong with this tank.

Vaping101 are selling it for about £21 plus postage which also includes a free 5ml bubble glass.
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/freemax-m-pro-3-sub-ohm-tank

Also here is a video on how to change the coils.

Mod - holds the batteries and electronics, onto which you can screw a...
Tank - which holds the juice. Inside of this you will need to fit a...
Coil - which actually does the vaporising.

Normally, coils are designed to fit a specific tank, but occasionally you get ones that are interchangable.

Nearly all tanks and mods are joined by a standard 510 connection, so they are nearly always interchangable.

You also get a lot of "pod" or All In One (AIO) systems nowadays. These are cheaper to produce, but can be a bit plasticy and tend to lack the flexibility of the tank/mod setup.

If you are looking for a sub-ohm tank with push fit coils, you might want to take a look at the Vaporesso ITank 2.
It's my favourite tank. I like the 0.2 GTI coils at around 55 watts. You can get a 5ML bubble glass to increase the volume from 2ml. Some sellers ship it with the 5ml bubble glass. Others don't so you would have to buy it separately. Worth a phone call to check. I don't think the link below ship with the 5ml bubble glass, it's just to show you the tank.

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-tanks/vaporesso/vaporesso-itank-2

Last edited:
Another vote for the iTank and 0.2ohm GTI coils ;)

Just use the Smok when your wife is around and pop the iTank on when she isn't.

He has 14 coils left i believe and wants to use them up first guys

Back
Top Bottom