What's new

My views about the Passage RDA.

Had the Passage, offloaded it, thought it was distinctly average at best.

I think you may be right. I was surprised how high I needed to push the watts up to get good enough flavour and then like I said the whole thing got really hot if I chain vaped on it for more than a few minutes.

Still, you never know 'til you try I guess. Reviews don't don't generally say too much negative and completely trashing the things they review or they don't last long.

If you're after a good squonker, the best I've had is still the Gorge.

Found when I used the passage to get half decent flavour I'd have to put the coils as close to the airflow holes as possible, then it would get hot quickly because of my chain vaping/chunky builds, so I no longer have one either. Don't really use dual coils anymore but can't go too far wrong with an Asgard/Valhalla Micro.

Think I've spotted one thing that's not helping it. I just took another look at the holes in the airflow cap and you can see that if you close off one of the passages you then have very uneven airflow from the 2 open passages because of the uneven way they've designed the number of holes.

Passage-RDA06.jpg

Think I've spotted one thing that's not helping it. I just took another look at the holes in the airflow cap and you can see that if you close off one of the passages you then have very uneven airflow from the 2 open passages because of the uneven way they've designed the number of holes.

View attachment 339122
The uneven airflow to the coils is one thing that I avoid when choosing an RDA and I am also a bit of a chain vaper so this RDA is definitely not for me but I appreciate your input which has probably saved me a few bob from buying this one. Thank you.

I think you're always going to be on a loser when you can't fine tune the airflow. Having the option of 1, 2 or 3 holes is too limiting. I can't think of any dual coil RDA I enjoy vaping fully open - and the one hole open combined with the internal honeycomb inlets would rule out the one hole option for me. So, for me it would be two holes or nothing then I'd try to 'fine tune' it by experimenting with different sized coils. I don't think it's worth the hassle as there are other RDAs that aren't finnicky. I thought the 1, 2, 3 airflow on the OG Goon was a bit shit and preferred the fully adjustable cyclops style on the 1.5. But I think I'm on my own on that one lol.

I think it's the curse of innovation. Without it nothing changes, but with it some designers will release stuff that they already know is a bit shit. Kind of a yes, I know it's a bit shit, but it's different, so people will probably buy thing going on..

The uneven airflow to the coils is one thing that I avoid when choosing an RDA and I am also a bit of a chain vaper so this RDA is definitely not for me but I appreciate your input which has probably saved me a few bob from buying this one. Thank you.

I'm glad I was able to help. :)

To be fair I prefer my single coil RDA’s with my favourites being the DPRO Mini and the Wotofo Elder Dragon for which I am looking for one in blue. They are real little flavour bangers that don’t need high wattages to get a good vape and are perfect for single battery squonk mods like the Hotcig RSQ etc, unfortunately they are very hard to find these days. The reason why I was considering a dual coil RDA is because I recently bought a Topside Dual squonk mod and thought something a little larger would be better suited but I might just use my original Recurve RDA on it for now until something I like comes along.

Apologies @MarylinC37 :( I have got totally muddled up by now, so could you just run it past me about what Coils you prefer and what their id is, also your preferred Wattage?
I'm suspecting that your preferred style of build and Power used will exclude most of what I thought of as being possible contenders though, hence the questions :)

Back
Top Bottom